Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all smoke in the house so there's always a aroma :bong::jointman:
See, that’s my thing. I feel like I always trip on having a good filter, controlling smells etc….then smoke joint after joint after joint….so there’s plenty of smell anyway….Plus, it’s like, legal and shit:rofl:

I'll just bet we have some electricians in here.
I woke up this morning to a dead circuit in my kitchen. All the Countertop outlets are dead.:gassy:
The last thing I used was the microwave to heat some water.
I just figured it was a breaker since it usually trips if I run the microwave and my electric skillet.
So I replace the breaker, which was a double pull controlling two different circuits.
Well, that wasn't it.:face:

So I get my multimeter out like I should have in the first place and check some things. I pulled the breaker back out and rechecked it for continuity and it was fine. So I check for power coming out of the breaker and I have it. So hoping that it was the electrical outlet that was screwed up, I replaced it.
Well, that wasn't it.
:face:

I guess I have an open circuit somewhere and one of the other outlets is messed up!
I guess they have all the outlets on the countertops daisy-chained together.....7 or 8........ on a 20 amp circuit. I would have split it!:cuss:
So I guess I have to replace all the outlets in the kitchen.
That is unless I can figure out how to check the continuity.
See if this makes sense to you old hands Sparkies.
I disconnect the hot wire from the Breaker switch. I connect a wire to that disconnected hot wire. I take that connected wire to the kitchen and check each outlet hotwire for continuity
I have no idea in which direction they ran the wire from the breaker box to the outlets, I guess I'll just have to start checking them until I find one with continuity and go from there. There has to be at least one that has continuity. I kind of think that the outlet that I had already replaced is at the end of the run.
Anyway, it will have to wait till tomorrow so I can get the wire to the start checking. I think I have some romex that were out in the shop leftover from doing the shop lights, but I'm not gonna mess with romex to do something this simple. probably couldn't find it anyway.

I can do the automotive wiring fine. I'm slow as hell but it works. Not so much on household electrical work.

This is the only thing I can figure out. No work has been done around the electrical areas, so I don't think it is wires itself. No animals or rats!
This is the part where I call an electrician and quit pretending I are one.

See, that’s my thing. I feel like I always trip on having a good filter, controlling smells etc….then smoke joint after joint after joint….so there’s plenty of smell anyway….Plus, it’s like, legal and shit:rofl:
Not legal here but if my neighbors think I'm always smoking weed, they'll probably not think I'm growing any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back