Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just bet we have some electricians in here.
I woke up this morning to a dead circuit in my kitchen. All the Countertop outlets are dead.:gassy:
The last thing I used was the microwave to heat some water.
I just figured it was a breaker since it usually trips if I run the microwave and my electric skillet.
So I replace the breaker, which was a double pull controlling two different circuits.
Well, that wasn't it.:face:

So I get my multimeter out like I should have in the first place and check some things. I pulled the breaker back out and rechecked it for continuity and it was fine. So I check for power coming out of the breaker and I have it. So hoping that it was the electrical outlet that was screwed up, I replaced it.
Well, that wasn't it.
:face:

I guess I have an open circuit somewhere and one of the other outlets is messed up!
I guess they have all the outlets on the countertops daisy-chained together.....7 or 8........ on a 20 amp circuit. I would have split it!:cuss:
So I guess I have to replace all the outlets in the kitchen.
That is unless I can figure out how to check the continuity.
See if this makes sense to you old hands Sparkies.
I disconnect the hot wire from the Breaker switch. I connect a wire to that disconnected hot wire. I take that connected wire to the kitchen and check each outlet hotwire for continuity
I have no idea in which direction they ran the wire from the breaker box to the outlets, I guess I'll just have to start checking them until I find one with continuity and go from there. There has to be at least one that has continuity. I kind of think that the outlet that I had already replaced is at the end of the run.
Anyway, it will have to wait till tomorrow so I can get the wire to the start checking. I think I have some romex that were out in the shop leftover from doing the shop lights, but I'm not gonna mess with romex to do something this simple. probably couldn't find it anyway.

I can do the automotive wiring fine. I'm slow as hell but it works. Not so much on household electrical work.

This is the only thing I can figure out. No work has been done around the electrical areas, so I don't think it is wires itself. No animals or rats!

Thanks @Lil Dab! Seems like I get about 3 runs before the wife starts complaining. I don't vent to the outside at the moment, so all smells stay in. Don't smoke anything in the house so wife is very acute to any aromas. I just fart whenever she starts with smell! :rofl:

Got some real stinkers coming up in the next couple of runs. Will probably nee to use 2 for these!
I used one of these beauties with no problems. Same as the ipower it replaced. Switched to 6in or it would still be in use. Now it gets used in the drying tent. I get 4 grows out of a "cheap" filter. But I only use them while the plants are flowering :pass:
Screenshot_20231106-202503.png

Japan has embraced reggae, especially dancehall for decades, to rely on outdated stereo types of a culture, advances nothing!
To think one culture can't embrace another culture, could also be considered as razy lacism! (deliberate pun)!:haha:

London is now one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world and as such the UK has embraced many of those cultures in every day life.

"WOMAD" means "World Of Music And Dance".
WOMAD was founded in 1980 by English rock musician Peter Gabriel, with Thomas Brooman, Bob Hooton, Mark Kidel, Stephen Pritchard, Martin Elbourne and Jonathan Arthur.
WOMAD embraces musical artists from more than 40 countries, ranging from quirky Balkan folk to global hip-hop and African bands.
Who would have thought that was possible, when you think the of stereotype of British folk having a stiff upper lip, drinking tea and having neatly rolled umbrellas.

Stereotypes are cliched, which is funny, in it's own right, because both words mean the same thing!
Both words come from the world of printing.
A stereotype is a copy, made many times and the sound that the printing press made as those copies were printed was, "cliche, cliche, cliche"!
Cliche is of French origin and is the sound of the stereotype being printed.

Question - Is Iron Maiden popular in Japan?

Answer - Yes, in fact Iron Maiden were the first of their kind to play in Japan to a very reserved audience.
A very different attitude now though, they're totally bonkers.
Western music is very popular there but they have now spawned their own music, J-Rock which is getting more popular in the West.

So once again swapping and embracing different cultures comes into the mix, there is no right or wrong being culturally diverse, unless it denigrates other cultures and people.

Punk is another musical import into Japan. One that has also been embraced by a decent number of Japanese young people, I know this as a fact as one of my family members, toured Japan in a punk band.
A number of the band members also came back with Japanese girl friends.

Japanese Oi Punk!

What was Iron Maidens last album called?

Answer - Senjutsu (Japanese: 戦術, loosely translated as "tactics and strategy").
The name of the album is rendered on the right side of the cover art by the actual vertical Japanese spelling of "senjutsu" (戦術), and on the left side by a font reminiscent of Japanese characters.
Another example of British Culture embracing another countries culture!

In this ever shrinking world, where we are now all linked by the interweb, we are all becoming more multicultural day by day, just think how popular anime, manga and hentai have become in the UK and USA!
Japan influences us and we influence them, that's just the way it is now, the 1970's and the attitudes of that time, are long past us now!
Vive la révolution!
View attachment 1643907
File under irony.

It's interesting how the Japanese embrace many cultural forms fro across the world. As you pointed out, punk, metal, rockabilly, lowrider/latino culture, English "mods" etc. Have been there twice and noticed quite a bit.

This band's name translates to "jizz face" :rofl: and is a cross of Hendix and Blue Cheer. Banging guitarist!

Last edited:
You know guys, the first cannabis-retail store I visited today made me so full of happiness.

The guy who worked there said I was the most open, happy if I remember correct and friendly human from that country where I’m from. And he had visit that country 3 times.

I tell you guys. Cannabis makes me complete as a person, but I want to stay with others who grow for the same reason, which is hard to find.

Last edited:
Thanks @Lil Dab! Seems like I get about 3 runs before the wife starts complaining. I don't vent to the outside at the moment, so all smells stay in. Don't smoke anything in the house so wife is very acute to any aromas. I just fart whenever she starts with smell! :rofl:

Got some real stinkers coming up in the next couple of runs. Will probably nee to use 2 for these!

I don't have that issue and have contemplated even not using filters but I can tell when I the plants are out or tents are open. We all smoke in the house so there's always a aroma :bong::jointman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back