Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, they are spores. They are meant to be hardy.

I wouldn't recommend boiling them. But yeah, they'll be fine.
@Blue_dreamer do you continue the line with agar and LC jars or just buy new syringes when you want to grow?

@Blue_dreamer do you continue the line with agar and LC jars or just buy new syringes when you want to grow?

If I see a particularly interesting and fast growing shroom, I will use a syringe to take a sample from the interior and then fill the syringe up with liquid culture, and about 75% of the time if you are super clean about it, it will fill the syringe with mycelium. I also do the same with some half pint mason jars. I make liquid culture from maple syrup. I think its 10 parts distilled water to 1 part syrup, and then pressure cook it in the jar for an hour to sterilize.

I tried to mess around with agar, but it was a mess and I had no luck at all.

In this case, we'll just be going straight spore to grain because its been like 2 years since I've grown shrooms, and most of my samples in liquid culture are questionable at best, so its time to start over.

I do have this B+ Liquid Culture still in a syringe that looks healthy.

1704147083294.png

1ml is enough to inoculate a whole jar of grain. So I may do 2 pints of B+ with that LC and 2 pints of Golden Teacher with the spores.

I know old school shroom growers are like "omg, spore syringes are dirty, you can't do that! You have to put it on agar and then find the fastest growing lineage..."

yeah, fuck that. We'll do it live

Can't be any worse than my first grow, when I used packets of uncle bens rice, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back