Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I’ve been missing some Pequod’s style, crusty cheese edge pizzas from Chicago, so I've been getting into cast iron pizzas but Oxo has a great non stick pan that is oven safe (I don’t go beyond 550F degrees for this pizza/I put the oven at 500F). I experimented with my NY Dough by splitting the water volume by half by adding whole milk for 250g water/250g whole milk and really liked the results with a crispy exterior and a soft luscious interior to toppings, it’s a beautifu/tasty transition.

At this point, I start to “fry” the pizza to get my crust where I want it, then I stack cheese around the edges to caramelize as it cooks, before I slide it into the oven at 500 to melt everything/finish the crust then broil at 550F to finish the crust while I watch for 60-120 seconds then pull it, put it on a cooling rack to let the pizza finish.

View attachment 1655840
View attachment 1655841View attachment 1655842View attachment 1655843View attachment 1655844
This was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever made and I stole a little technique from Adam Ragusea and I modded Chef Leo Spizzirri’s NYC Dough recipe that isn’t online anymore unfortunately. Home ovens suck, but by “par-frying” the pizza in a skillet with seasoning really worked out great and I hope my fellow stoners have fun experimenting if you aren’t already doing this!!
:drool::cool1:Pequods dope :pass: :d5: awesome job on the crust that looks great

@Mossy @Slim Piggens thx for the rep!
Fruitz maxed my blood pressure out this morning. lol Had to go to the dispo and get several more grams of hash rosin.
I’ve been in dab therapy all afternoon with the new e-rig.
1703724317050.gif

We had hot roast beef sandwiches from the left over rib we had for Christmas dinner:pass::lildab:
Lmao i had a half of a bomb ass club sammich but i ate it at 9pm last night when i got home cuz i was hungry again! :shrug::crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back