Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too damn cold for me.

Me Too...... :snow2:....I Think I'm part Lizard...I don't work if the sun is not on me back........:biggrin:

Black Eye Friday......:cheers:

Thousands of revellers have woken up this morning with sore heads and queasy stomachs following the infamous Black Eye Friday.

Also known as Mad Friday, Frantic Friday or Black Friday, it is the name for the Friday before Christmas, which is the Friday after December 16.

It is a time when the city centres across the UK are full of people getting merry and crawling across bars and clubs.

We will play BINGO at a cabin right next to the water/lake - and maybe have a bottle of Bailey’s.
It’s located very private and not a soul for 5 miles, but we have to be social (it includes others) - wish there was just me or another selfie.

But before that we need to do some shuffling, the car is unmovable because of this…… ->

IMG_7866.png

You think they're gonna be OK with the loud noises? I guess play some of their favorite songs real loud?

I've got a friend that has an autistic boy. I met him at 5 years old and knew instantly that he was autistic. I think at the time his parents knew there was something wrong but didn't want to admit Or accept it.
I pestered my buddy for a bit and they finally got him evaluated so they can get him some proper education and therapy.
He's now taking college courses, he can't take a full schedule. He loves engineering and I think he wants to become a civil engineer. It's hard to believe he's that old.

I find the autistic mind extremely fascinating. I know as a parent, you have to deal with the whole package and everything that goes along with it. You have to deal with their little, some maybe not little, idiosyncrasies.

Even with high levels, it's a difficult job. You guys definitely have your work cut out for you. Find out what they like to do and can do best and encourage it.
My buddy and I were talking about this earlier this week. His biggest concern now is what happens once he and his wife are gone or can't take care of him. He doesn't seem to be confident that he's going to be able to function on his own. No matter what level they are, it's a quite valid concern.
He told me that Indiana doesn't consider him handicapped anymore when he turned 18 and the assistance stopped.:face::grrr1:

I know I'm preaching to the choir! No matter what level they are, you got a tough job! I just wanna give you words of encouragement and admiration for tackling a tough job!:pighug::pass:

Thanks man.

I think they will be fine as long as we prepare them for it. They also have noise blocking headphones they wear.

One daughter has gone to a couple school dances and really enjoyed herself.

Both have one on one aids that help them during the school day, but thats becoming less and less and the aids are transitioning to just being classroom helpers.

We had them diagnosed very early. They both have received a lot of therapy. Occupational therapy, speech therapy, all sorts of stuff.

One is absolutely definitely going to college. She is very independent and wants to do things on her own. She is a very unique and free spirit. She's the kid with half her head shaved, wearing a sundress and aviator sunglasses marching to the beat of her own drum.

The other daughter is a little more needy. But I think she will eventually live independently. I would like to her her into electrical work. Not like high voltage. But I've read that women do really well with like wiring for PLC racks and other sort of stuff. Small wires need small hands. Our area has some good technical colleges along with electricians unions. She is very analytical, so I think she would be very good at that sort of thing. Even if she doesn't end up totally independent we can always do something like move her into my detached office so she'd have her own private space but still have some supports if necessary.

I don't really consider them handicapped and I have the exact same expectations for them that I would any other kid. Both are on the honor roll. Both are reading several grade levels above their own. I have the same expectations for behavior that I would out of any other kid.

Every now and then one of them will try to say something like "Sorry, my autism made me do it." lol yeah thats not gonna fly. You gonna tell that to a cop? I don't let them use their disability as any sort of excuse. I've told both of them over and over that the only thing that their disability diagnosis means is that they need to work harder and smarter than anyone one else to succeed and that exactly what I expect.

They are both on anxiety meds and ADD meds. I am looking forward to the day they turn 18 and I can say come out to my office, I want to show you something...because I think a good indica strain would help calm them down and ease anxiety without pumping them full of meth and other crap in those pills.

Thanks man.

I think they will be fine as long as we prepare them for it. They also have noise blocking headphones they wear.

One daughter has gone to a couple school dances and really enjoyed herself.

Both have one on one aids that help them during the school day, but thats becoming less and less and the aids are transitioning to just being classroom helpers.

We had them diagnosed very early. They both have received a lot of therapy. Occupational therapy, speech therapy, all sorts of stuff.

One is absolutely definitely going to college. She is very independent and wants to do things on her own. She is a very unique and free spirit. She's the kid with half her head shaved, wearing a sundress and aviator sunglasses marching to the beat of her own drum.

The other daughter is a little more needy. But I think she will eventually live independently. I would like to her her into electrical work. Not like high voltage. But I've read that women do really well with like wiring for PLC racks and other sort of stuff. Small wires need small hands. Our area has some good technical colleges along with electricians unions. She is very analytical, so I think she would be very good at that sort of thing. Even if she doesn't end up totally independent we can always do something like move her into my detached office so she'd have her own private space but still have some supports if necessary.

I don't really consider them handicapped and I have the exact same expectations for them that I would any other kid. Both are on the honor roll. Both are reading several grade levels above their own. I have the same expectations for behavior that I would out of any other kid.

Every now and then one of them will try to say something like "Sorry, my autism made me do it." lol yeah thats not gonna fly. You gonna tell that to a cop? I don't let them use their disability as any sort of excuse. I've told both of them over and over that the only thing that their disability diagnosis means is that they need to work harder and smarter than anyone one else to succeed and that exactly what I expect.

They are both on anxiety meds and ADD meds. I am looking forward to the day they turn 18 and I can say come out to my office, I want to show you something...because I think a good indica strain would help calm them down and ease anxiety without pumping them full of meth and other crap in those pills.
That's good to hear! Job well done!

We will play BINGO at a cabin right next to the water/lake - and maybe have a bottle of Bailey’s.
It’s located very private and not a soul for 5 miles, but we have to be social (it includes others) - wish there was just me or another selfie.

Ha ha.....yeah....I can Imagine you sitting with your Thoughts............Trying to Behave........:crying:...with Humans...

waiting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back