Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get into a sales career selling home security systems door to door one summer. In training they said when you evaluate the house, look which side of the bed the house phone is on. That's who makes the decisions. It wouldn't work now, because nobody has a house phone.

Now you look at the people and body language, but it’s easier to sell something to girls and something’s to guys. You just need to know what attracts them - and that’s no secret.

@Olderfart ....This Winter is when normal people have got Covid fatigue.....:headbang:....They aren't scared any more and they are Bored Listening and letting it disturb their normal lives.

News says about 30% of people called up for covid boosters in the UK have not bothered to turn up....similar here.
UK news says 1 in 16 people in the UK already have it.......

Covid Roulette.........:aha:...I Predict a Bad end of January....after a huggy kissy xmas/new year......when we Ignore the standard rules......:pass:

View attachment 1654718

Buuuuuuuuut........................................I could always be Wrong...................................................:biggrin:
Nope, I think you are right, and it could get pretty bad with exceptional numbers of flu and RSV cases added to the covid cases. This in the context of considerably reduced system capacity due to reduced numbers of medical staff due to resignations during the worst of the pandemic. I think we are in for an interesting ride this winter.

Vaccine uptake here in Canada has been poor as well, for both flu and covid. RSV vaccine is available, at ~$250Cdn for those with only standard government insurance plans which do not cover it, so I expect few people will get that one either. Apparently RSV cases are climbing rapidly, and the infection can be bad, so the dearest and I will likely pay up for that one as well. We got our last booster as soon as it came available.

Good luck with it @Mossy, some caution is still warranted, in my opinion. :pighug:
I wanna take this time to wish all my AFN brethren a merry Xmas and happy new year. or whatever u celebrate.
Keep on Token!
Same to you sir, you have added some fine humour to many of my days. :pighug:

@Heart of flowers
This be our lil secret, but i change my underwear when u change your name. Mrs Badfinger respectfully request a name change soon.

Aha! A trick-true, you don’t use underwear’s! You’re walking around naked with the sausage 🌭 hanging, swinging left and right. :crying:

I tried to get into a sales career selling home security systems door to door one summer. In training they said when you evaluate the house, look which side of the bed the house phone is on. That's who makes the decisions. It wouldn't work now, because nobody has a house phone.
my house does and it's on the wife's side....... she let's me make the all of the wrong decisions,,,,,:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back