Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it those cheap ones don't work?
Cheap EC meters work fine, measuring EC is dead easy, and does not require expensive components or design. As long as it is calibratable, and many are, you are good to go. pH meters are a separate animal, and the cheap ones are not worth buying. Mine lasted about 10 days, then died completely, so I replaced it with an Apera.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Passion out as well. 14 hours at hospital today and probably same tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the evening monkeys! Good morning @Mossy

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.46.54 PM.png

Same.

Plus I have my tap water dialed in. I know that 1 gallon of tap water needs 3ml of ph down. I check it every few days just to be sure, but not every time.

And then every few days I check the ph in all my DWC buckets. When the water needs changed, the ph starts going all over the place.
I used the drops for the first year, and hated them. Matching the colors did not work for me. The appearance of the color reference is a poor match for what you see in transparent sample liquid. Reading a digital meter is hugely easier, faster, and more accurate. :pighug:

Apera makes good ones, all of them have replaceable probes for when they eventually fail, which all will. Most manufacturers reccomend replacing the probe every 12-18 months. Idk how accurate that is or if anyone on here does that. I havent replaced mine yet and Ive had it for a little over a year.
My first Apera made it almost three years as I recall. It was still dead accurate, but took too long to settle, so I am now on probe #2. I checked it regularly, and touched up the calibration, which was not really needed, only once in the entire time I owned it. I stored in in KCL solution that I mix myself. :pighug:

Nighters peeps, I'm off to final watering duty before splitting the sheets.

Been an interesting day replacing a bathtub drain. Let's just say that I have a lovely tote filled with gyproc pieces from where walls and ceilings had to be opened, and I need to go into town for yet another ABS fitting to, oh please, put it all together tomorrow. I had to cut out the entire trap assembly, and remove the drain fitting from the tub in small pieces. Putting the complex ABS assembly back together ain't simple, as anyone who has done that already knows. Lots of angles and twists to duplicate. And ABS cement is permanent in seconds. And of course the entire thing is up in the ceiling truss assembly, so everything gets done most of the way up a stepladder. I gave up for the day when I discovered that one of the angle fittings was 22.5, not 45 degrees. Sigh. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back