Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Mossy here’s one for you :pighug::bighug:
1701785653203.gif

Thanks bro thought it was very interesting and I’m not even a pineapple fan but as long as it’s not on a pizza I’m good :thanks::toke::crying:
Haha I don’t understand the pineapple on pizza hate. It’s not terrible, and pineapple tastes good with a little caramelization. The ham…. I can take or leave because it’s usually tasteless. But the pineapple argument I just don’t get. I mean, sure, it’s not “traditional”….but we ain’t traditional folks lol

True, but different varying strains can be apples to oranges. For instance, TM20's Ogreberry is super greasy and does not press the same as Ethos Purple Thai whatsoever. So it's hard to predict those critical factors. I'd say that app would be great for beginners. But people who are seasoned enough will know that no two cultivars are predictably the same in the press by any stretch.

:pass:
Very true but what do you do differently in your press for each strain? I have seen the same things
between stains but my processes stays the same pretty much for any strain time and temp may change but I still feel for the same max pressure every time

Haha I don’t understand the pineapple on pizza hate. It’s not terrible, and pineapple tastes good with a little caramelization. The ham…. I can take or leave because it’s usually tasteless. But the pineapple argument I just don’t get. I mean, sure, it’s not “traditional”….but we ain’t traditional folks lol

I’m not a fan of the constancy of pineapple I like the taste but that’s about it. So it’s no argument for me if there’s ham and pineapple on a pizza it’s all yours :toke:

True, but different varying strains can be apples to oranges. For instance, TM20's Ogreberry is super greasy and does not press the same as Ethos Purple Thai whatsoever. So it's hard to predict those critical factors. I'd say that app would be great for beginners. But people who are seasoned enough will know that no two cultivars are predictably the same in the press by any stretch.

:pass:
Agreed. But I bet the pucks look very similar size wise after pressing. I think it's more about putting a number range on it so people don't have to do a bunch of presses before they figure it out on their own

Very true but what do you do differently in your press for each strain? I have seen the same things
between stains but my processes stays the same pretty much for any strain time and temp may change but I still feel for the same max pressure every time
Max pressure every time. But it's what leads up to that, that is different. Time, and the amount of heat applied will vary from one cultivar to the next.

I play it by ear....
earboy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back