Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found one that has 4x7 plates….they claim you can squish an ounce. Thoughts? :pass:

The plates should have plenty of surface area my issue with pressing a oz would be the bag. Think I've only seen up to 3" bags and a oz in that would be really tall if doing bottle tech. unless you did two 14 ox presses at the same time which was part of the reason I want the xp cause they say you can it it on that

What press is that?

Last edited:
recently tried using a clothes iron. Dunno what i did wrong, it was total fail.

You can use a hair straightener if you can get some pressure on it…. But it’s not efficient at all. Use parchment paper.

I can't find it right now but I saw one on reddit or youtube not long ago that was a hair straightener in a bench vise it worked :doh::headbang:

The plates should have plenty of surface area my issue with pressing a oz would be the bag. Think I've only seen up to 3" bags and a oz in the would be really tall if doing bottle tech. unless you did two 14 ox presses at the same time which was part of the reason I want the xp cause they say you can it it on that

What press is that?
I tried doing (2) 3" bags at a time (14g each) on my 4x7 plates with a 20T jack. The yield was less than doing 1 at a time, but it was very dry weed too. I'll keep trying. The 3x4" bags are a snug fit on an empty tube of painter's caulk, which makes a good pre-press to get them down to under 2" tall. That's a baseball bat I used for a plunger:

3x4_bag_prepress.jpg

The plates should have plenty of surface area my issue with pressing a oz would be the bag. Think I've only seen up to 3" bags and a oz in the would be really tall if doing bottle tech. unless you did two 14 ox presses at the same time which was part of the reason I want the xp cause they say you can it it on that

What press is that?
The dabpress 12 ton. I watched a bunch of videos that said that, but can’t find it on their website. So maybe it will only do 14 grams… who knows lol. You make a good point, though.

I tried doing (2) 3" bags at a time (14g each) on my 4x7 plates with a 20T jack. The yield was less than doing 1 at a time, but it was very dry weed too. I'll keep trying. The 3x4" bags are a snug fit on an empty tube of painter's caulk, which makes a good pre-press to get them down to under 2" tall. That's a baseball bat I used for a plunger:

View attachment 1651106

I've wondered how doing two bags would work. Seems like the other bag could absorb some of the rosin plus keeping equal presser on both bags. One bags seems more efficient but would be nice to do multiple for now I am fine with half oz presses. I only have to do a few at a time to get enough rosin to last me long enough normally get around 2-3 grams return per press

Last edited:
The dabpress 12 ton. I watched a bunch of videos that said that, but can’t find it on their website. So maybe it will only do 14 grams… who knows lol. You make a good point, though.

They could be doing a flat press which could get more per bag but everything I've seen says bottle tech is the best way for flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back