Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be doing a flat press which could get more per bag but everything I've seen says bottle tech is the best way for flower.
Yeah, it was flat. They did say they get about 5% more with bottle tech, but have to do less at a time, like you’re saying. So I guess it’s a trade off. 5% is a negligible amount, especially when you use it to make butter or something.

@Frankthetank shout out from the afn page. :d5::pass:
1000014800.png

I found one that has 4x7 plates….they claim you can squish an ounce. Thoughts? :pass:
I can fit 3 2" bags next to each other on 3x7 plates bottle tech. I've never done it, but they fit :pass:
PXL_20231204_220422039.MP.jpg

I've wondered how doing two bags would work. Seems like the other bag could absorb some of the rosin plus keeping equal presser on both bags. One bags seems more efficient but would be nice to do multiple. for now I am fine with half oz a presses. I only have to do a few at a time to get enough rosin to last me long enough normally get around 2-3 grams return per press
That's one reason I want to try extracting rosin with liquid CO2. I have a lot of spent pucks in jars that have a lot of rosin left in them. It would also be nice to extract bigger batches. With CO2 I could do any size batch. I'm thinking of starting with a 3" x 10" pipe nipple for a pressure vessel, capped with regular pipe caps, and a 1/4" valve on one end to fill it with liquid CO2 and to empty out the rosin after a good soak. The CO2 stays liquid while under pressure, then gasses off when the pressure is let out. Liquid CO2 is such an amazing solvent, it extracts the caffeine out of raw coffee beans in a 15-minute soak (resulting in decaf coffee beans and caffeine crystals to make Pepsi). My local hydroponics store sells 20 lb. of liquid CO2 for $28, but I haven't had time to get over there yet.

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Fried Hawaiian Chicken Monday Live Stoners!

Yep, yesterday's planed menu was changed with an audible and yesterday's fried chicken is today's Fried Hawaiian Chicken.

Be nice to be able to press a half oz or more…..
No problem.

2023-12-04_14-20-59.jpg
snicker2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back