Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one wasn't bad enough! He's already outlived the average time allotted from diagnosis by at least four years.However, he's starting to slip pretty quickly having increased physical and mental issues.

Sorry for you all @Cerebral Goo :bighug: ..hard journey for everyone around him.

Even having a masters in clinical psych and my mom being a nurse for 35 years, it's a little rough to say the least. Got some heavy seas to sail coming up.

It is not the same when it is someone you love........:headbang:....you have the same fear as the rest of us.

Sorry to be a bummer on a Monday morning!

:bighug:Share a Burden......it makes it a bit lighter.......:karmacloud:..

Definitely is for plumbers , i can't speak for everyone else :rofl:
Been there several times, not my favorite chore. Sometimes preceded by rather messy cleanup getting the faulty one under control. :pighug:

My new light came today! It wasn't supposed to come until Wednesday.

View attachment 1651062

View attachment 1651063

Its slightly yellower light than my viparspectra light. But its very noticeably brighter, too.

It took about 15 minutes to follow the directions and snap it all together. However, I wish the light bars had some sort of set screw for attaching to the frame instead of just a plastic clip, because it doesn't seem like it holds very well and any amount of flexing the light frame does, causes the 2 middle ones to pop out.

But, I feel like for $220 it was a steal. The lights themselves, the driver and all of the electrical cords are extremely over-engineered.
It doesn't look like much work to drill and tap the side bars for a thumbscrew to hold it together, or if you lack the tools, drill it and use a bolt and wingnut.

Looks like the same wire T fitting Mars Hydro uses.

Hard this time of the morning some days... :pighug:

ENERGISER.gif
Batteries not Inclued @Olderfart......?

:pighug: I Think we are all feeling the effects of winter.......everybody is running on Flat..........:pass:

cheaper by far to just use AA's IMO. Why would you want to use a lower capacity battery in a higher demand device when the proper battery is pretty much the same price, and sometimes more expensive. Or perhaps I have been had again. Hard this time of the morning some days... :pighug:
I think its to save a trip to store in case all u have are AAA…..but then u gotta go to store to buy said device so why not just get the AA batteries then?!? :shrug::haha::rofl:

It doesn't look like much work to drill and tap the side bars for a thumbscrew to hold it together, or if you lack the tools, drill it and use a bolt and wingnut.

Looks like the same wire T fitting Mars Hydro uses.

Crazy, right? Being that its a Mars Hydro light and all. Lol.

I think its ok for now, its not like I move my light a lot. We'll see how it goes, but if they keep popping out, I'll figure out a solution, and I have some thumb screws in a screw kit for PCs, so it would be easy to just drill and tap some spots for them.

cheaper by far to just use AA's IMO. Why would you want to use a lower capacity battery in a higher demand device when the proper battery is pretty much the same price, and sometimes more expensive. Or perhaps I have been had again. Hard this time of the morning some days... :pighug:

They make D and C adapters for AAs that you can put like 3 or 4 of them inside.

Its so you can use rechargeable AA's in a D or C battery slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back