Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green and white is my new favorite color combination

531BD5F6-8974-4E95-95AE-DEB06BEF0F09.jpeg

Yeah not sure what I’ll do with it guessing they’ll want a journal from whoever wins :shrug: :d5::pass:
Ohh yeah. They will ask for that. I've been posting in their thread more than they have for the last couple of months!

After this grow is finished, that light will become a mom light. I could probably hang it up in my walk-in closet and keep a mom alive in there fairly easily............. if I'm not drying something in there.

It's a great little light in that 2.3 X2 .3 tent. But it is 50 watts less than the HLG light I bought for that tent. 50 Watts is quite the difference for such a small area.
With the design of the Mars light, it's much more focused in its light coverage than the HLG. But with the hlg light not only is there 50 more watts the coverage area is slightly larger and there's also more reflective light. I know you you lose a lot of the energy from reflective light but it is additional light. That can make quite the difference on the buds closest to the side of the tent.
I think they both have equal amounts of intensity with the Mars having the smaller footprint. That means they should have fairly equal amount of canopy penetration. The one thing that I think that I have seen from several grows with Mars lights, I think they just have a little too much blue light. I think it keeps the plants too squatty. I do think it is more impactful on autos with their set time clock.
I think with a Mars light you have to keep your par figures down for a longer time to get the auto plant to stretch some and then bring up your par figures.

With UVA being toward the blue end of the spectrum and still photoactive,, part of its effect is to tend to keep the plant shorter. This is the reasoning behind the following observations.

Two grows ago in the 4x4 tent under the HLG DIABLO 650R, I had the supplemental UVA bar installed but I did not utilize it. I definitely didn't have any problems with short girls in that grow! Now with the introduction of the supplemental HLG UVA Light bar, I've had quite the learning curve. The first grow I had, the light was set to the same 18/6 schedule and introduced relatively early in cycle. Plants were short and some got very purple. And some did both. The current grow, , the UVA is set for 12 hours mid life cycle and introduce relatively early in cycle. Again, these girls are very short. Purpling has lessened to a degree on the known girls.

The buds have been extremely dense and extremely frosty. Now, a great deal of that is genetics, but we've all grown great genetics poorly or not to their fullest potential.

This upcoming run in the 4X 4 tent will be photos, but I will still use the supplemental UVA the same schedule as I intend to do with autos. The UVA will not be utilized until onset of flower. For both photos and autos, it will be set to six hours mid light cycle. This will eliminate the additional blue spectrum light in the seedling and vegetative stages. I think the longer cycle in the past grows are just too harsh on the leaves. It takes its cumulative toll. This will allow me to bring the girls to the end of their life cycle in far better condition..
I'm fairly sure the Nugs will be just as frosty and just as hard.
As far as the early stage growth is concerned,I made changes in the current grow with the two Mars light tents. I did keep the par figures down for quite awhile. Especially in the 2x4 tent with both Walter White and Aunt Jeannie's Elixier not doing a bunch of anything for at least seven to 10 days. I got satisfactory results in all those girls in the tents.

Hopefully this nice long diatribe will help someone here that will take the time to read the **** long **** thing!:crying::crying::crying:

Ohh yeah. They will ask for that. I've been posting in their thread more than they have for the last couple of months!

After this grow is finished, that light will become a mom light. I could probably hang it up in my walk-in closet and keep a mom alive in there fairly easily............. if I'm not drying something in there.

It's a great little light in that 2.3 X2 .3 tent. But it is 50 watts less than the HLG light I bought for that tent. 50 Watts is quite the difference for such a small area.
With the design of the Mars light, it's much more focused in its light coverage than the HLG. But with the hlg light not only is there 50 more watts the coverage area is slightly larger and there's also more reflective light. I know you you lose a lot of the energy from reflective light but it is additional light. That can make quite the difference on the buds closest to the side of the tent.
I think they both have equal amounts of intensity with the Mars having the smaller footprint. That means they should have fairly equal amount of canopy penetration. The one thing that I think that I have seen from several grows with Mars lights, I think they just have a little too much blue light. I think it keeps the plants too squatty. I do think it is more impactful on autos with their set time clock.
I think with a Mars light you have to keep your par figures down for a longer time to get the auto plant to stretch some and then bring up your par figures.

With UVA being toward the blue end of the spectrum and still photoactive,, part of its effect is to tend to keep the plant shorter. This is the reasoning behind the following observations.

Two grows ago in the 4x4 tent under the HLG DIABLO 650R, I had the supplemental UVA bar installed but I did not utilize it. I definitely didn't have any problems with short girls in that grow! Now with the introduction of the supplemental HLG UVA Light bar, I've had quite the learning curve. The first grow I had, the light was set to the same 18/6 schedule and introduced relatively early in cycle. Plants were short and some got very purple. And some did both. The current grow, , the UVA is set for 12 hours mid life cycle and introduce relatively early in cycle. Again, these girls are very short. Purpling has lessened to a degree on the known girls.

The buds have been extremely dense and extremely frosty. Now, a great deal of that is genetics, but we've all grown great genetics poorly or not to their fullest potential.

This upcoming run in the 4X 4 tent will be photos, but I will still use the supplemental UVA the same schedule as I intend to do with autos. The UVA will not be utilized until onset of flower. For both photos and autos, it will be set to six hours mid light cycle. This will eliminate the additional blue spectrum light in the seedling and vegetative stages. I think the longer cycle in the past grows are just too harsh on the leaves. It takes its cumulative toll. This will allow me to bring the girls to the end of their life cycle in far better condition..
I'm fairly sure the Nugs will be just as frosty and just as hard.
As far as the early stage growth is concerned,I made changes in the current grow with the two Mars light tents. I did keep the par figures down for quite awhile. Especially in the 2x4 tent with both Walter White and Aunt Jeannie's Elixier not doing a bunch of anything for at least seven to 10 days. I got satisfactory results in all those girls in the tents.

Hopefully this nice long diatribe will help someone here that will take the time to read the **** long **** thing!:crying::crying::crying:
1700595072257.gif

Oh and one last thing Ive been debating to mention or not @Son of Hobbes FYI I still have not heard anything about my order from the merch store. I sent a email yesterday no response yet :shrug:
Me thinks @Suki stole your money! She used it to buy some upgrades for her pokemon! :shrug: :haha::crying:

View attachment 1647643

Yeah, This one with think different would be nice, but then we might need some sort of blueberry in the mix, or just mix it with TD…. I need to grow Think Different and mix it with This one, or was it an haze from Amsterdam?
That delta stuff freaks me da fuck out! My state is absolutely illegal 1000% but they can sell them things legally at the headshops here so that should tell u they are a bit suspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back