Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks.

1699808729887.png
1699808735256.png

Fixing some old broken trophy icon images.

I love my Auto Pots
I tried them and moved on to automated top watering. I never managed to avoid nute buildup and needing to flush. With top watering, I get more consistent healthy plants late in the cycle. I still use Autopots for other plants in soil in summer, but not for my winter weed grow. Different strokes eh? :pighug:

Happy Sunday @Mossy, and thanks for the earlier points. I hope you have had a great weekend so far.

because without it, a shaft of that strength could whip and cause vibration if it was a one piece. A stiffer shaft material could avoid this, but likely with more weight, and all vehicle manufacturers have been trying to avoid unnecessary weight in order to reduce fuel consumption. The need for the middle bearing is not directly related to the horsepower, it is more a matter of shaft stiffness and rpm.

Mind you, I am not an engineer, so that's just my opinion. OTOH, I have been down the shaft vibration thing in a big way with a boat I once owned, so I have had to do my homework. Shaft vibration can get violent in a heartbeat. When it started on the boat, it was instant, and shook the entire boat. The diesel was 30 hp. :pighug:
It's an old Toyota pickup, my 72 Ford had a one piece driveshaft that was longer than this whole setup.....guess they had their reason but only times I've seen two piecers was for heavy duty hauling

I tried them and moved on to automated top watering. I never managed to avoid nute buildup and needing to flush. With top watering, I get more consistent healthy plants late in the cycle. I still use Autopots for other plants in soil in summer, but not for my winter weed grow. Different strokes eh? :pighug:
Well I just mix Osmocote Plus into the old soil and only use water with HydroGaurd in the res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back