Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still having coffee and weed :pass: Dude is like that too

lucky fuck....i still haven't been able to train Gracie to have coffee & weed with me in the mornin....hmph :dammit:ppp

Happy Sunday @Mossy, and thanks for the earlier points. I hope you have had a great weekend so far.
30 year old u joints are a pain in the ass. Especially when he decides to try hammering them out before coming to me to use my press. He's un screwing up a bore edge now on the last one so we can press it out . Don't know why this lil toyota truck has dual driveshafts with a carrier bearing in the middle. Not like it was rated for more than 1/2 ton.
because without it, a shaft of that strength could whip and cause vibration if it was a one piece. A stiffer shaft material could avoid this, but likely with more weight, and all vehicle manufacturers have been trying to avoid unnecessary weight in order to reduce fuel consumption. The need for the middle bearing is not directly related to the horsepower, it is more a matter of shaft stiffness and rpm.

Mind you, I am not an engineer, so that's just my opinion. OTOH, I have been down the shaft vibration thing in a big way with a boat I once owned, so I have had to do my homework. Shaft vibration can get violent in a heartbeat. When it started on the boat, it was instant, and shook the entire boat. The diesel was 30 hp. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back