Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have civilization and if they can do it here they are doing it there. I found one in the UK but that won't work for you.

I will look around.

I did Atkins for 4 years dropped 40# got diabetes under control and started making kidney stones :rofl: turns out that a high protien diet without enough carbs makes you acidic and that makes stones. Losing weight is the thing that has saved my life but some carbs are needed. I run about 20% - 25% on most days. I try to eat them early in the day. I have a day or two each week with no carbs other than green vegetables.

Congrats on getting the diabetes under control, well worth doing. Controlling diabetes is why I am on Keto, I would not do it otherwise. It works very well, my A1C has been well inside the normal range for a couple years now. Were it not for the Keto diet, I would likely be on insulin already if my diabetic younger brothers and late father are any indication.

Keto is not high protein, unlike Atkins. Atkins was headed in the right direction, but Keto is better because it avoids high protein. Keto in essence is very low carbs, normal protein, and high fats and oils. The main challenge I have found is managing electrolytes, I need a lot more salt and magnesium than I would on a normal diet. Bottom line on Keto is that you keep carbs so low that your body is persuaded (forced?) to use fats instead of carbs for almost all needed energy. It would work fine with zero carbs, but doing that is not necessary, and would be difficult.

I still like the look of those meals you put together though! :pighug:

Yeah, truck driving was a great gig but hardly ever being able to make it home for my appntmnts really took a toll on mine....figure at 62, I'm not trying to impress anyone anymore.
no longer trying to impress is one of the few advantages of getting older. :pighug: It is nice to realize that you just don't give a shit about stuff that you used to worry about. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back