Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bought an older BSA and it needed work from what he said and pics he posted! Why i was wondering what it cost so far!
I do love my brits. Talked him down to 1200 on it cause I started listing off all the parts that were missing and current pricing on them, not to mention what was needed to be replaced to bring it to a reliable riding condition. The HD's were fun, but never was really into them like I was my first bike.

With all this jeep talk, here's my jeep story. I bought my 1946 Jeep Willys "low motor" in Cali, Colombia, in 1972 I think. With my 1st wife I drove it from the Pacific Coast to the Caribbean, and from Ecuador to Venezuela. It had a canvas top, no doors. Top speed was about 50 mph. It broke down a lot, but truckers and backwoods mechanics always bailed me out, and small-town machinists manufactured parts I needed. I don't have a picture, but this is the model (looks a little better than mine did):
View attachment 1551021
Love those flat fender keeps they're a classic!!!

Well I bought a used 2013 roadking (twin cam engine with the updated cam tensioners stock) off that dealer for $13K with 3K miles. I ran that 4 years, put 30K miles on it and sold it back to them on trade in for $10K.
I took good care of that bike but it never needed any major work beyond fluids. I did add a fairing.
I bought the touring bike (wife wanted the sofa) for $28k less the $10K.
So in the end
$18K the bike and $2.5 K for the repairs.
Bear in mind I usually l ride as soon as the salt is gone ( March?) till they salt the roads in the fall (Nov Dec?) anything over 35 degrees I'll ride. From 45F up I'll try to do 8 plus hours every Sat and Sun then in the summer I ride Fridays 8 plus hours as well.

So I get a lot of saddle time in. My current 2020 has 21K Miles in 2 years.

I'm lucky in that a lot of my high school friends still ride and they ride like I do.
I got rid of my roadie and sporty's before the move knowing I'd not have the room nor the inclination to ride em like they should be,

With all this jeep talk, here's my jeep story. I bought my 1946 Jeep Willys "low motor" in Cali, Colombia, in 1972 I think. With my 1st wife I drove it from the Pacific Coast to the Caribbean, and from Ecuador to Venezuela. It had a canvas top, no doors. Top speed was about 50 mph. It broke down a lot, but truckers and backwoods mechanics always bailed me out, and small-town machinists manufactured parts I needed. I don't have a picture, but this is the model (looks a little better than mine did):
View attachment 1551021

But on that note, got a couple friends looking round the back parts of their garages for any odd bits I might need. They wern't too thrilled I was done riding and placed bets on how long till I got another bike. Now the bet is how long till I'm riding again, so depending on who's closest to the time is who will be helping the most, lol.

I got rid of my roadie and sporty's before the move knowing I'd not have the room nor the inclination to ride em like they should be,
I'm down around del ray a couple weeks a year for now. Started mapping out some roads. They drive insane on the east coast where my trailer is. But the interior around okeechobi going N/S, alligator alley the tamiami trail look like the have potential

Shit, I don't even know where my gear is anymore.....got 1 pin that's worth a grand on my jacket lapel. 1988 iron butt run which I did on my A65...Jax to the key and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back