Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of bikes how much has yours sucked out the savings so far??
Well I bought a used 2013 roadking (twin cam engine with the updated cam tensioners stock) off that dealer for $13K with 3K miles. I ran that 4 years, put 30K miles on it and sold it back to them on trade in for $10K.
I took good care of that bike but it never needed any major work beyond fluids. I did add a fairing.
I bought the touring bike (wife wanted the sofa) for $28k less the $10K.
So in the end
$18K the bike and $2.5 K for the repairs.
Bear in mind I usually l ride as soon as the salt is gone ( March?) till they salt the roads in the fall (Nov Dec?) anything over 35 degrees I'll ride. From 45F up I'll try to do 8 plus hours every Sat and Sun then in the summer I ride Fridays 8 plus hours as well.

So I get a lot of saddle time in. My current 2020 has 21K Miles in 2 years.

I'm lucky in that a lot of my high school friends still ride and they ride like I do.

Been too fvcking cold to tear it down......I'm a true Florida boy, 60 or above for anything getting done.
I have seen several nutcases riding in 40 degree weather lately! I know i would wear my riding jacket in 80 degree temps cuz once u are going highway speeds that wind gets chilly! I can’t imagine being out riding in temps close to freezing! :nono:

Well I bought a used 2013 roadking (twin cam engine with the updated cam tensioners stock) off that dealer for $13K with 3K miles. I ran that 4 years, put 30K miles on it and sold it back to them on trade in for $10K.
I took good care of that bike but it never needed any major work beyond fluids. I did add a fairing.
I bought the touring bike (wife wanted the sofa) for $28k less the $10K.
So in the end
$18K the bike and $2.5 K for the repairs.
Bear in mind I usually l ride as soon as the salt is gone ( March?) till they salt the roads in the fall (Nov Dec?) anything over 35 degrees I'll ride. From 45F up I'll try to do 8 plus hours every Sat and Sun then in the summer I ride Fridays 8 plus hours as well.

So I get a lot of saddle time in. My current 2020 has 21K Miles in 2 years.

I'm lucky in that a lot of my high school friends still ride and they ride like I do.
He bought an older BSA and it needed work from what he said and pics he posted! Why i was wondering what it cost so far!

Oh yeah, I already know before I even pull the engine off the frame this bike has cost me 500 just to replace the oil pump with an SRM and a new timing side bushing, and another 500 for the Electrex alternatror conversion.... :stir: .....just don't tell the wife.
download (1).jpeg

I have seen several nutcases riding in 40 degree weather lately! I know i would wear my riding jacket in 80 degree temps cuz once u are going highway speeds that wind gets chilly! I can’t imagine being out riding in temps close to freezing! :nono:
Hell, that's having fun, whole diferent story from working on stuff.

You'd be amazed what a heated jacket liner and a pair of heated glove liners will do. Then a set of chaps and lowers

With all this jeep talk, here's my jeep story. I bought my 1946 Jeep Willys "low motor" in Cali, Colombia, in 1972 I think. With my 1st wife I drove it from the Pacific Coast to the Caribbean, and from Ecuador to Venezuela. It had a canvas top, no doors. Top speed was about 50 mph. It broke down a lot, but truckers and backwoods mechanics always bailed me out, and small-town machinists manufactured parts I needed. I don't have a picture, but this is the model (looks a little better than mine did):
JeepWillys1946.jpeg

Yeah, funny how I haven't heard trash talk about the AMF years in a long time.
My old man rode harley back during the late 70's. He quit ridin them because of the issues he kept havin with I think it was a lowrider but it's been so long I'd have to ask him now. He's had a couple now last few years that both had brake issues, recurrent. Think he may have moved on to a goldwing. When all ya hear and read is bitchin about faulty issues on a 30k bike, it sours an idea pretty quick. ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back