Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be @Dale's Proper Bud wife going to work with her trail rated jeep! :headbang:

1672365931205.gif

I just dropped 2.5 K on my M8 114 cu in Harley that 2xs I brought to the dealership (still under warranty) cause on cold start it was losing prime on the oil pump (5th revesion of that pump). It would chatter so loud at start up my wife, friends (with their bikes running already) and Mechanic all said that's way wrong.
I bring it to the dealership the list of excuses was like a used car salesman.
They all do that..
Your lugging the engine and building up carbon on the pistons (that one after 2K miles down to NC lots of highway at 80 mph)...
Harley machines them loose so they run better ...
Everyone knows you can't put synthetic oil in a Harley....
I can't hear anything and neither can any of my mechanics...

Then they tried to sell me an extended warranty hahahaha

The warranty ended I'll be damned if I'm paying more for an extended warranty that's worthless so I put in an S&S pump, lifters, cam plate, cam follower , lifters and putts principle new cam bearings . At least S&S knows how to build parts solid.

It's quiet as a church mouse now (at least till I hit the throttle)
So, in other words, you put in all the parts that shoulda been in there in the first place.

So, in other words, you put in all the parts that shoulda been in there in the first place.
Exactly and for all the money to open up the cam chest I did a few PM type things too.
But the Harley pump was shit and the smart money was to replace the lifters it was starving since
1 he was in there
2 the pump was starving them on a cold start

Man, much as I see shit talked on harley these days, I may end up just goin with a Honda Fury this spring. Seen nothing but shit about newer Harleys the last few years.
Yeah, funny how I haven't heard trash talk about the AMF years in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back