Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pike out this way are hard to come by but largemouth and small mouth can be plentiful though 5# and up ya gotta put your hours in to catch and just maybe a pinch of luck lol
Same here I dont even weigh my bass anymore. Even that 20.5" was only 3.7lbs and that was just after she dropped her eggs. Really wanna get to alabama or texas for some double digit bass though.

Lots of people are shocked when I say Ive never caught a smallie in my life. Caught at least one of everything else including a gar and muskie

I also hate being cold, but the advances in cold weather gear really make it a non issue, well unless we are talking subzero temps, LOL
I just hate winter. I could be in a shanty with 2 propane heaters going and a buffet and I still wouldnt wanna be out on frozen lake. Plus I dont drink so that doesnt help any.

I also hate being cold, but the advances in cold weather gear really make it a non issue, well unless we are talking subzero temps, LOL
The gears better and way lighter. Still it's just like my grandmother it's all about layers. Really if it's not too windy or in the teens all day it's really pretty nice. Your almost immediately ditching layers.
Besides too windy and ya get friggin +&-$#@ windy flags all day that's no fun .
Lol

Same here I dont even weigh my bass anymore. Even that 20.5" was only 3.7lbs and that was just after she dropped her eggs. Really wanna get to alabama or texas for some double digit bass though.

Lots of people are shocked when I say Ive never caught a smallie in my life. Caught at least one of everything else including a gar and muskie
Those smallies are twice the fight pound for pound it's like a fresh water Bluefish. Round here they like sandy rocky bottoms clear water lakes and a small presentation.
I hear there's pretty big peacock bass down Florida way too!

Thats only a sample too. I mainly fish for largemouth. Just started getting in to perch and walleye. Pike you can catch on anything anytime. Dont have a pic of my pb pike. But its 37". Pb largemouth is 20.5 thats the one Im holding. And i know a lot of people gripe about keeping lmb but they are really good out of water under 50°f
Our lake is a deep cold spring fed lake, it has crappie, small and large mouth bass and jack perch. When I catch a few decent bass I fillet them out immediately and place them in a mesh bag in the spring house outlet. That chills and firms up the fish fillets perfectly, far better than a shallow warm lake where the bass are full of worms!

The gears better and way lighter. Still it's just like my grandmother it's all about layers. Really if it's not too windy or in the teens all day it's really pretty nice. Your almost immediately ditching layers.
Besides too windy and ya get friggin +&-$#@ windy flags all day that's no fun .
Lol
I hear ya. My grandpa used to take me all the time and I would spend more time screwing around and pissing him off than fishing. Something about being on a frozen lake puts me off of fishing.

Dont take me out in the summer either. I like to go out by myself. Being stuck in a boat with people that dont take fishing seriously has caused problems for me. I may not always come home with dinner, but I at least catch what would be a limit if they were all keepers.

Fishing is my me time. Other people tend to ruin it or at least the people that actually wanted to go.

I just hate winter. I could be in a shanty with 2 propane heaters going and a buffet and I still wouldnt wanna be out on frozen lake. Plus I dont drink so that doesnt help any.
Omg true story speaking of shanties and propane heaters. My buddy and his uncle's were night time fishing for smelt on a brackish river. Propane heater blasting, radio going, Colman stive cranked cooking smelt. All of a sudden the ice starts letting go. In goes the heater, the stove, the radio and my buddies soaked hahaha.
No one got hurt so all good but he caught shit for years over that one.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back