Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on both counts! We live on a planet with finite resources
I occasionally interviewed S.American fishermen who were fishing with dynamite from dugout canoes. I asked if they were concerned about destroying the reefs and small fry. He declared that "We have to feed el pueblo (the people). The ocean is a bottomless mine that we can never use up." That was in the '70's. I was a boga (oarsman), and calonero (net handler) on a 5-man beach-seine crew out of the same town at that time for a few months while I was down on my luck. The fisheries had already started to decline, but we still frequently came home with 1,000 lb. of King Mackeral, Jackfish, Albacore, Bonito, etc. They don't catch much fish there anymore. As the fisheries continued to decline, tourism became the main industry.
tres_bogas_Taganga.jpg

I occasionally interviewed S.American fishermen who were fishing with dynamite from dugout canoes. I asked if they were concerned about destroying the reefs and small fry. He declared that "We have to feed el pueblo (the people). The ocean is a bottomless mine that we can never use up." That was in the '70's. I was a boga (oarsman), and calonero (net handler) on a 5-man beach-seine crew out of the same town at that time for a few months while I was down on my luck. The fisheries had already started to decline, but we still frequently came home with 1,000 lb. of King Mackeral, Jackfish, Albacore, Bonito, etc. They don't catch much fish there anymore. As the fisheries continued to decline, tourism became the main industry.
View attachment 1550471
When I was a kid in New England cod fish and stripped bass where everywhere and fishing was plentiful. Things have changed and not for the better. Sometimes we don't truly we appreciate what we have till it's gone and then it may be too late to bring it back

Another way is like 4wisco said but go to their “about” and you should see their signature which a lot of us have links to our journals there.. IF your on pc they are displayed under every post:thumbsup:…. no problem glad to help where I can the second part of that I can’t:dizzy:
I believe I found it!!!! If I'm correct he's been experimenting with using off the shelf osmocote with quite good results.
Unfortunately I can't use my PC or laptop cause I've got some issues going on with my neck/vertabrate. Using either gets a tad painful pretty quick. Not to worry there's a solution and in 2 weeks I'm scheduled to FINALLY get this fixed!!
:jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back