Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfo.gif

I tested the pH of the runoff from the buckets I'm having issues with.
I would not trust runoff reading from soil they can be very misleading.. what is your water source ph/ppm? watering in water that has a ph of 5.5 sounds incredibly low IMO

Hey guys, hoping for some Christmas Eve advice.

I have 4 different varieties of autoflower planted in 5 gallon buckets, all using the same potting soil I bought at lowes.

The last week they've started going yellow, and a different variety that I planted a week after them has actually surpassed them in size, because I was growing it in some soil I'd already used from a previous grow.

I tested the pH of the runoff from the buckets I'm having issues with.

View attachment 1549746

As you can see, wow, it was high! No wonder I'm seeing issues, they are probably having issues with nutrient uptake with the PH f'd up.

I typically water with filtered tap water pH'd to 6.0

I used a large commercial spray bottle, mixed up some water at 5.5. I used a cup to cover each plant and I misted the soil down really heavily with the water so it was nice an soaked, that way it wouldn't just run through really fast. Between the 4 pots, I went through about half a gallon of water. My though process being to try to gently bring down the soil pH, I didn't want to shock it too quickly.

View attachment 1549747

I now have much greener plants, but all of the leaves are curled up like that.

View attachment 1549748

Did I shock them with too acidic of water?

They do appear a lot greener than yesterday, so I'm hoping maybe I am on the right path to fixing the nutrient uptake issue?
1/2gal split between 4 5gal pots doesn't sound like enough water to me but depends how often u water! Them leaves def scream over/under watered! :d5:

Omg your video made me laugh so hard..
Cause like 3 years ago I dragged my buddies kids (28 and 30 yrs old) up to this 4 day camping biker bash out in western Mass with live bands, motorcycle rodeos, bon fires and lots drinking with funny smelling cigarettes.
So one of them invites his friend who lived one town over. The kid kept going on about bikers and ass less chaps and stuff. Well he ends up getting so wasted he never goes to bed, never makes it to work and ends up losing his job and apartment. Then enlists in the army the next week.
So this year he's on leave the same time they throw this bash. He comes out has a blast and all he talks about is how he's buying a bike as soon as his enlistments up hahaha.
Considered attending that bash in a campground in Western Mass. Probably best I skipped. A giant group of biker stoners with no shortage of great drugs. What could go wrong . :crying::crying::crying:

I would not trust runoff reading from soil they can be very misleading.. what is your water source ph/ppm? watering in water that has a ph of 5.5 sounds incredibly low IMO

Water source is around 7.0 to 7.5. I pH it down to 6.0 when I water. Like I said, when I saw how high the run off pH was, I decided to water with water pH'd to 5.5 to help bring down soil pH to try to fix my plants being very yellow and slow to grow.

IMG_0013.JPG

This is a gorilla cookies I'm growing in the same tent. Its a week behind, but you can see its way bigger and nicer looking.
Only difference is the soil, I had this soil left from my last grow where I fought with the pH and finally got it brough down enough that the plants starting doing well. So this dude started out with an advantage. But it been on roughly the same water regimen as the others.

Considered attending that bash in a campground in Western Mass. Probably best I skipped. A giant group of biker stoners with no shortage of great drugs. What could go wrong . :crying::crying::crying:
I'm an officer consider yourself invited it's a great time everyone's super friendly. Every year the weekend after labor day . MMA fall round up on Facebook.

And if anyone's out around Mariaville NY June 22 -24th. Consider the Harley Rendezvous classic now that's an insane party don't plan on sleeping. Great bands and fireworks fun people again super friendly. You don't even need a bike. I've seen people tow out huge boats and party on the boat still on trailer all weekend.

I also just ran a soil pH test kit.

IMG_0018.JPG

Its around a 7, maybe a little higher. The color was greener in person in the test tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back