Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and looked around at the pot shops today, prices are insane lol. Was curious about the rosin and wax...$60 to $90 per gram :yoinks: that's more than gold

Having a press would pay for itself really fast at those prices :eek1:
especially if you made it for less than the price of 3 grams. :pighug:

I think flower vapes don't use quartz because the flower never comes in contact with it, so glass or quartz path is all you need because they are basically heated by convection. Quartz for dabs because that's what your concentrate touches and vaporizes from

The Max, Solo2, and Argo are portables. The Extreme Q and Tower look to be desktop :shrug:

I think the only real difference between the different portables is battery life. I'm kind of curious why they use ceramic elements when all the good dab rigs use quartz?
The stem is quartz the bucket it slides down into is ceramic….the heating element part! ;)

I believe the quartz is newer tech.. Most older dags rigs were ceramic or titanium from what I've seen... still doesn't explain why the flower vapes aren't quartz though:shrug::doh:
I actually like the ceramic better than quartz for dabs. The quartz has better flavor the first dab, but with no way to clean it, the flavor starts going downhill fast. Plus, having to replace the coil (Lookah) rather than clean it adds up. :pass:

But i can tell u loading straight kief into stem first time and not knowing any better it really baked onto that heating element part so had to gently scrape it off! Now i load a tiny bit of bud so the air holes dont get plugged, add big layer of kief and then sandwich a lil more bud over top so thats what touches the ceramic! Smokes like a champ and no nasty mess or plugged stems mid bowl! :woohoo1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back