Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '22. 2700 pagez & 483k viewz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd have thought an underground pipe leaking could cause your walls to explode!?! .. I mean, not like

200w.gif

More of a gentle explosion

5cf14d791abdf150595562.jpg

I've been accused of being dramatic before! :rofl:
That looks like if the Kool-Aid man got tired :biggrin:

So far my blumats have been a failure, same issues as you.

Using Roots organic 707 mix. Thought I had them dialed after a week, but they keep randomly staying on and flooding the tent. Keep dialing them down but it just happens again eventually.

Three weeks and still doing it. Sucks because I'm gone for work and the wife has to keep shop vaccing brown water from the tent every day....Needless to say my hobby hasn't been popular lately :rolleyes1:

If I cant get it figured out I won't be able to grow with my current job :shrug:
Sounds like u didnt install them right! U need to pack the soil down around them really tight so no air pockets! Also pots are supposed to be as saturated as they can get before installing them! Thats the way u set the drip flow to be in line with what soil holds! If u do those 2 steps and bleed the air out u wont have a flood! Should take like 4-5 days from time u install them before they come on for first time! Once set u dont wanna touch the flow til plants are much bigger!

Did u do the hanging drip when first setting them? Once u dial it thanks where that happens then u gotta dial it back 2 notches (2 arrows on the dial) which basically turns it where its not dripping at all!

Something i just thought of that could be causing this is if u dont have enough water inside the carrots! They needed to float in bucket of water for couple hours so the tips can absorb some water into the clay tip! Then u gotta make sure all the air is outta the inside of carrot before screwing them together! If u get an empty medicine syringe while lid is being held under water youll see 3 holes inside the cap! Fill that syringe with water and then while holding it underwater inject that water into one of the holes in the cap! You'll see a big trail of air bubbles come flowing out! Do that a few times til no more air bubbles and then screw them together WHILE HOLDING UNDER WATER! Make sure u turn the lid and carrot every direction u can so that there aren’t any air pockets inside when u finally screw them together! If u did them first steps I initially listed amd still having issues im gonna bet its cuz u have some air space inside the carrot! That means any change in your soils dryness level it will cause the carrot to open sooner and easier and will release too much water! Also i would order a set of drippers for each pot! Having only 1 or 2 drip points in say a 5gal pot can cause dry pockets in some spots and overwatering in others!

Umm - they can keep him! :rofl:

His hometown "London" ... oh ...my ...sweet frikken ... mother of lies ...self promoting twat lol ...

Of course, the viewers of the Late Show won't of heard of Holmer Green or even High Wycombe .... but it's 100% less cool than saying my Home Town is (lie)London

:crying:

:pass: Not a Fan then.....................................?......................:crying:

Sounds like u didnt install them right! U need to pack the soil down around them really tight so no air pockets! Also pots are supposed to be as saturated as they can get before installing them! Thats the way u set the drip flow to be in line with what soil holds! If u do those 2 steps and bleed the air out u wont have a flood! Should take like 4-5 days from time u install them before they come on for first time! Once set u dont wanna touch the flow til plants are much bigger!

Did u do the hanging drip when first setting them? Once u dial it thanks where that happens then u gotta dial it back 2 notches (2 arrows on the dial) which basically turns it where its not dripping at all!

Something i just thought of that could be causing this is if u dont have enough water inside the carrots! They needed to float in bucket of water for couple hours so the tips can absorb some water into the clay tip! Then u gotta make sure all the air is outta the inside of carrot before screwing them together! If u get an empty medicine syringe while lid is being held under water youll see 3 holes inside the cap! Fill that syringe with water and then while holding it underwater inject that water into one of the holes in the cap! You'll see a big trail of air bubbles come flowing out! Do that a few times til no more air bubbles and then screw them together WHILE HOLDING UNDER WATER! Make sure u turn the lid and carrot every direction u can so that there aren’t any air pockets inside when u finally screw them together! If u did them first steps I initially listed amd still having issues im gonna bet its cuz u have some air space inside the carrot! That means any change in your soils dryness level it will cause the carrot to open sooner and easier and will release too much water! Also i would order a set of drippers for each pot! Having only 1 or 2 drip points in say a 5gal pot can cause dry pockets in some spots and overwatering in others!

Thanks for the tips :pass:

I did a lot of research and so did most of what you suggested. I really wanted it to be successful because I wouldn't be home to monitor.

Only things I haven't done was the drippers (on order), and using a syringe on the caps. I soaked them overnight, caps and carrots. Tapped on them to get the air out, and put the caps on all while keeping submerged. Let them soak overnight again to make sure no more bubbles showed up.

When I get back I'll try the syringe thing. They actually came with a pipette but there was nowhere in the directions on what to use it for, and nothing online or in videos....it bothered me because I knew it had a purpose but couldn't find any info on it.

Also heard that packing some regular sticky wet soil from outside around the carrot before burying it helps prevent dry spots by the carrot in light soils. The 707 mix has some coco in it, so its a bit more airy than what I usually use.

Just hoping the plants survive the crazy watering until I get home to fix everything :naughtystep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back