Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So @Fermented_Fruitz or anyone what do you suggest for growers like myself that may be worried about light leaks from the intake vents.. I use my tent a passive intake and just open the intake flaps but now am worrying that light can come in threw them and make plants hermie.. I haven't had a big issue with it but a few that have.. Do i need to use duct work for intake and put bends in it to stop light from making it in? I always have kept controller and device covered or not in there
What size are the intakes? I usually have flexible dryer duct run through them. Dump the outside cool/dry lung room air down low in the tent. No light down that snake.

What size are the intakes? I usually have flexible dryer duct run through them. Dump the outside cool/dry lung room air down low in the tent. No light down that snake.

The 4x4 has 8" and the 3x3 has 6" ones I can do that with ideally eventually I'd like to scrub the air in and out but that's not feasible right now. I do have the vents to the wall but both tents have one that's room side and in heavy flower I need them all open for enough airflow

My understanding of the Mars IR/UV bar was that it was either all on or pick between IR or UV. Not one then the other. You would have to have 2 of them to run IR and UV separately. Definitely not the best design. I was interested until I realized that. If you could run them on two separate timers it would be perfect. A plug at each end for each spectrum.
Your absolutely right, I did not catch on to that.

And both strips have both UV and IR leds, so I would need a controller that can separate them.
Hmmm. This one is another example why I need to keep the pie hole shut until I have all the info.

Now that, I think, I have seen the hardware enough to suspect what it up, I'll dive in again.

First up, I am pretty sure that the black brick is a standard led power supply, presumably a constant current one given that you can turn off some of the leds without screwing it up. The dual switch allows the positive of each led type to be cut off or turned on as needed. The three wires going to each strip are, I suspect, the switched positive wire to the UV, a switched positive wire going to the IR, and a negative/common from the LED strip back to the controller, and the wire to the splitter is three wires, UV+. IR+ and Neg/common. All the spitter does is connect both strips to the single supply/switch combo.

IF, IIFFF, that is the setup, you could wire two timers into this setup to control uv and ir separately. This would be best done by cutting the two positive wires to UV and IR before the splitter, and using the timers to control when the specific leds would turn on. By putting the timers in ahead of the splitter you avoid needing four of them. You would not need the dual switch if you put in two timers because each led bank could be controlled by its own timer, so you could cut the switch out and wire in timers at the switch location.

I am not sure whether there is any better way to do the job. Two power supplies will not do the deed, at least not simply, because you still have to separate the uv and ir feeds to each strip, and there is no way of doing that without cutting wires, at least not as far as I can see. You could just run UV on one and IR on the other with a timer for each one, but I think you would need to do some cutting and joining to be able to use UV simultaneously on both strips.

Quiz MH on what might work, and see if they can confirm that the three wires coming out of the power supply are indeed positives to IR and UV, plus a negative common. It is possible that there is no easier way to do this than what I describe here, but maybe MH has suggestions.

There are at least a couple led light builders on here, but I can't recall who they are, maybe they have other suggestions.

Good luck with it, tag me if I can add more amusement. :goodluck: :pighug:

The 4x4 has 8" and the 3x3 has 6" ones I can do that with ideally eventually I'd like to scrub the air in and out but that's not feasible right now. I do have the vents to the wall but both tents have one that's room side and in heavy flower I need them all open for enough airflow

If you lookup "kitchen compost filter" on amazon you can find pre-cut carbon discs. I stick those in the ends of my ducting and I sandwich them in the socks on the openings I don't use. They definitely do not catch much smell but they are a very open weave and would be a decent intake filter to keep incoming air clean.

Or you could get the furnace pet filter and cut to size.

81UcCl8P2VL.jpg

Furnace pet filter: They carry these with a carbon sheet at Home Depot

bd9dbe20-0bbc-4e84-ac26-df29118d6d0e_1.8392f5e0d6b982d5ec16548b923cc6a1.jpeg

Unless I find a solution, I'll just have to run the UV on a timer for the 2 hrs, and not sure how I am going to handle the IR part. I mean, whats the difference between the IR lights and the red lights on our LEDS?

Spectrum is very important for the IR to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back