Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight All you Happy Tuesday Live Stoners!

Not sure about what to have for linner today, Hoping the plumber gets the lines completed without other problems today?

@Mossy may you be in the shower a full minute before the gas runs out.
snicker4.gif
Do you cure any of those olives?

Since the sun did not shine yesterday to warm the water in our Solar Camp shower, I heated water in a big pot and it was not a bad shower at all.

The weather is going back to normal for this time of year.

2023-09-05_10-37-52.jpg

The Old Farmer's Almanac has a pretty good record for weather prediction in the USA. The science of "El Niño" that has set up in the Pacific Ocean also foretells a wet winter for the north central USA.

I love Benny Hill he was a true comedy genius. One of his lines that I think of often is "you can't go lookin for the sheep in the rain" From a skit with farm girls. This is the skit but I cannot find it in English, you will still get the idea.

I bought a worm bin From Uncle Jim's Wormfarm. I got this one because of its size and where I can put it. I've had it in the living room to keep it nice and cool and also isolated to make sure there were no bad bugs. It's been established now for three weeks and the worms are growing like crazy!
I have a bunch of adults with "rings" showing on them. Just for testing, I bought a three month supply of their food. I'm mixing it with the material from making FFJ. They went nuts for that! They devastated a big avocado. So now they're working on the second one. It's crazy to see the feeding and sex orgy going on underneath the avocados!
HF-LC4000v2-GRN-Lifestyle-2-1001px.jpg

HF-LC4000v2-PUR_41-scaled.jpg

In the second picture you can see how the worms would get to the second section. When they fill up the first one. I'll will put the top one on and put the food on top to draw them in. I'll give it a week or so for them to migrate and then swap it out.

One of the things I was worried about was how well the lid fits. It fits extremely tight and no worms can get out. One of the other worm bins on his site had repo founding variables over a large group of peoplerts of the lid not fitting well and worms getting out.
When I make a sprouted seed tea with barley, They will get to feed on the solid material. They absolutely love that!

When the girls get established well in the 4 X4 tent, I'll find a bunch of adults and distribute them between the four pots. Probably in about two to three weeks. With as quick as they are eating and growing, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of cocoons in the media by then.
Red worms? I hope so. Night crawlers will crawl away when the lights go out in search of food and/or sex. Also if your soil is too dry. At the bait shop the new guy turned off the light in the walk in refrigerator at the end of the day. The next morning 400,000 or more worms were crawling up the walls.
That's great that your raising worms. We pack them in dark reed sedge peat which is very dark and full of nutrients. It's not the peat that is brown and dry as a brick. They love the stuff. They love just about anything that is moist. No citrus or kitchen scraps that might have oils, vinegar or salt. They like any grain that is soaked in water especially oats or barley. If you make seed sprout teas you can give them the dregs but make sure to squeeze out extra moisture. good luck and have fun.

I just canceled my order for the Nugsmasher mini. I upgraded already to the XP! 🤣
Yeah I wish I would've had and got the XP from the beginning. It's a lot easier to keep the pressure at a constant rate with a gage! Your productivity will be higher with the XP than with the mini in conversion and the amount that you can do

Red worms? I hope so. Night crawlers will crawl away when the lights go out in search of food and/or sex. Also if your soil is too dry. At the bait shop the new guy turned off the light in the walk in refrigerator at the end of the day. The next morning 400,000 or more worms were crawling up the walls.
That's great that your raising worms. We pack them in dark reed sedge peat which is very dark and full of nutrients. It's not the peat that is brown and dry as a brick. They love the stuff. They love just about anything that is moist. No citrus or kitchen scraps that might have oils, vinegar or salt. They like any grain that is soaked in water especially oats or barley. If you make seed sprout teas you can give them the dregs but make sure to squeeze out extra moisture. good luck and have fun.
Yep! That's all good and great info for worm newbies that read this section.
Yeah, I'm only raising red wriggler composting worms.
Nightcrawlers are a pain in the butt to raise. I've raised them, but mainly for fishing. Night crawlers are good for one thing in the garden, nightcrawlers like to go deep in the soil. They can help break up clay layers and aerate your soil much deeper and bring up micronutrients from that area. They could work for growing cannabis outdoors but not indoors.

Yeah I wish I would've had and got the XP from the beginning. It's a lot easier to keep the pressure at a constant rate with a gage! Your productivity will be higher with the XP than with the mini in conversion and the amount that you can do
EXACTLY why I changed my mind. I love the idea of a gage because I hate guessing. And I have so much bud at any given time it seems kind of silly to restrict myself to small amounts only.

Last day off work so figured I'd spend some time in the kitchen and fill up the freezer a little bit. Sunday gravy but on a Tuesday! :cooldance: Couple hours still to go. Brisket/sirloin/pork meatballs, short ribs and hot and sweet sausages :chef:
PXL_20230905_173308323.MP.jpg
PXL_20230905_173955600.MP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back