Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my G Parents dog remembered me summer to summer. Always a good time with him, then one summer he wasn't there....talk about a depressed moody 14 year old..

Thats another thing I've brought to the attention of my mom.

She took advantage of my Silent Generation grandparents, and dropped me over at their house Friday after school until Sunday evening every single weekend from the age of like 9 until I started driving and had a social life.

When I say hey, when are you going to reciprocate? You're the grandparent, its your turn now.

*radio silence*

Not that I would want my kids at her house around her boyfriend, he is a very nasty racist bigot with a short fuse and my kids are mixed race. Sure would be nice if she offered to pick them up and go do something fun with them now and then. Or just came over and spent time with them. I can count on my fingers how many times she's been to my house in the over 15 years I've lived here.

Like...I thought the whole idea of a grandparent was after you don't have kids to raise, you help your kids raise theirs. Or at least be somewhat active in their lives. Instead, we basically just see both sides grandparents at Christmas and thats about it.

:crying: :crying: :crying:
Luckily my son doesn't even know what sugar is yet and he only drinks water. Found these at Costco and I couldn't resist :doh:
I was eyeballing the pillowcase size bag of peanut butter eggs last time i was there! ;)

So..
A micro freezer?
I mean it’s not that small if you must know no shame here :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:
IMG_8657.jpeg

Thats another thing I've brought to the attention of my mom.

She took advantage of my Silent Generation grandparents, and dropped me over at their house Friday after school until Sunday evening every single weekend from the age of like 9 until I started driving and had a social life.

When I say hey, when are you going to reciprocate? You're the grandparent, its your turn now.

*radio silence*

Not that I would want my kids at her house around her boyfriend, he is a very nasty racist bigot with a short fuse and my kids are mixed race. Sure would be nice if she offered to pick them up and go do something fun with them now and then. Or just came over and spent time with them. I can count on my fingers how many times she's been to my house in the over 15 years I've lived here.

Like...I thought the whole idea of a grandparent was after you don't have kids to raise, you help your kids raise theirs. Or at least be somewhat active in their lives. Instead, we basically just see both sides grandparents at Christmas and thats about it.
I'm glad I was farmed off to Misery every summer. Actually learned what be an adult meant. Damn sure wasn't gonna get that from my parents.

I'm glad I was farmed off to Misery every summer. Actually learned what be an adult meant. Damn sure wasn't gonna get that from my parents.

Same. My grandpa actually taught me stuff. He was a Korean war vet.

He is who taught me how to drive. Basic woodworking and metal working skills. Car tune ups. All that came from my Grandpa.

My dad would just scream at me because I didn't know what tool he wanted that he had just made up a name for.

Same. My grandpa actually taught me stuff. He was a Korean war vet.

He is who taught me how to drive. Basic woodworking and metal working skills. Car tune ups. All that came from my Grandpa.

My dad would just scream at me because I didn't know what tool he wanted that he had just made up a name for.
Yeah, getting football for Xmas, then getting yelled at cause I didn't know how to throw......

You never taught me dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back