Status
Not open for further replies.
cooked a spatchcocked chicken in a cast iron skillet in the oven preheated to 500°F then turned down to 450°f. We saw this on America's Test Kitchen, what an epic failure. The chicken was good but the oven was trashed. Oil splattered all over the inside. The smoke filled the house and set off the smoke alarm even with the doors open. I have been cleaning the oven for two days, granted it needed to be cleaned before this episode. I still need to pull the cover off of the fan for the convection air and clean it and the fan. There should be a fair warning on this recipe.
I’m familiar with that recipe…. I’ve had a similar experience with their chicken wing recipe….smoked like a cheech and chong concert…..

I’ve noticed anything above about 425 will smoke…..

Is your room temp colder than normal.......?..........thats what flushes the leaf colour...that what is showing mine up...... :headbang:
Yeah Im in a garage and temps never get to 70f. I will tell you what these plants are hardy. Gets to 60 with light out. cooler temps dont stop them. Its been a struggle to keep the young ones warm enough. been getting quite of few stunted plants. But I been getting a good feel for the “hardier strains“. And the ones that dont take the cold very well.

I spatchcock pretty much all my chickens. 40 mins at 420 convention and it does grease up the oven pretty good. Vegetables under the chicken will soak up the fat and help a lot with the smoke :pass:
Yeah the whole idea behind the recipe is crispy skin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The only thing crispy is me cleaning this oven. Now I got some oven cleaner between the glass :cuss::cuss::cuss: I have never cleaned that before so I have to look that up now!

Yeah the whole idea behind the recipe is crispy skin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The only thing crispy is me cleaning this oven. Now I got some oven cleaner between the glass :cuss::cuss::cuss: I have never cleaned that before so I have to look that up now!
6329.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back