Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm planning on starting in about a month.

View attachment 1662503

Nice seed layout! Just ordered some of those Kamari melon seeds.. Baker Creek has some great offbeat stuff.Got about 20 packs of stuff from them that I ordered yesterday. @Hog_M@Gundy's seeds were all from there in the pic a couple pages back.

Also got a lot of stuff from Southern Exposure seeds too. They specialize in stuff acclimated to the southern US or hot humid climates. Speaking of, where did you score the Habbanada peppers? See the SC Grown label. Is it the guy in Fort Mill, SC that grows the crazy hots? He just released another "hottest pepper in the world" Pepper X. Youtube Hot Ones Pepper X if you're into that stuff....

Last edited:
My problem is keeping the drying environment stable. So I was thinking of turning an unused coat closet as a dry room. I tried the paper bag method before and jumped the gun on one plant, so I figured Id try this out

If you have a whole I closet I'd hang whole plant for the first first days then trim and into brown bags for a couple more till ready for jars.. For me typically it's whole plant hang for 5 days then brown bags for 1-2 days that's with my lung room <50% I just use a small tent with a 4" inline fan running constant speed 2-3 it's normally in the 50% range during the dry in the tent :toke::pass:

If you have a whole I closet I'd hang whole plant for the first first days then trim and into brown bags for a couple more till ready for jars.. For me typically it's whole plant hang for 5 days then brown bags for 1-2 days that's with my lung room <50% I just use a small tent with a 4" inline fan running constant speed 2-3 it's normally in the 50% range during the dry in the tent :toke::pass:
I was thinking that too. I just dont wanna screw anything up like I did last time. Also my dry and cure sucked last grow, hay tasting. Idk if I dried too fast or just suck at curing. And the one plant that turned brown and musty smelling was a huge let down

Nice seed layout! Just ordered some of those Kamari melon seeds.. Baker Creek has some great offbeat stuff.Got about 20 packs of stuff from them that I ordered yesterday. @Hog_M@Gundy's seeds were all from there in the pic a couple pages back.

Also got a lot of stuff from Southern Exposure seeds too. They specialize in stuff acclimated to the southern US or hot humid climates. Speaking of, where did you score the Habbanada peppers? See the SC Grown label. Is it the guy in Fort Mill, SC that grows the crazy hots? He just released another "hottest pepper in the world" Pepper X. Youtube Hot Ones Pepper X if you're into that stuff....

This is the ebay listing I bought from a year ago, and looks like its still active and the guy has more to sell.

I will warn you, I had a HELL of a time getting those seeds sprouted. Took me like 10 seeds to get one sprout. But I later read thats common with peppers, and a few things to try.

Both my wife and I absolutely LOVED the habanada. It wasn't any hotter than a Jalapeno but it had this absolutely wonderful floral flavor that it brought to food. I have a ziplock bag of them diced up in my freezer I use for cooking.

I also have some everglades tomatoes that I'm going to plant on my fence line. Apparently they are like the proto-tomato that every other tomato has hence come from. They are super small cherry tomatoes. I'm going to plant them on my back fence line on my chain link fence in the backyard so they have something to climb on and see what happens. I had some seeds last year and I could not get a single damn one of them to sprout. I tried everything. I finally messaged the guy on ebay and was like hey man, what gives? He said they grow wild on his property and he just goes out and collects seeds and maybe I just got some off a sterile plant or something, so he sent me another 20 or so seeds.

But I am REALLY looking forward to those Barry's Crazy Cherry Tomatoes.

I am debating how I want to do my garden this year. Last year I grew everything in Kratky hydroponics and used Masterblend nutrients. Same stuff I use on my weed. They grew fantastic, but both me and my wife noticed the tomatoes were just missing "something". They were good. Better than store bought. But just not as good as non-hydroponic tomatoes. So I think I'm going to do things more naturally this year.

I've been debating about building some raised beds. But I really like using totes and buckets because then I can re-arrange my garden however I feel like each year. And I already have 10 of those 27 gallon rubbermaid totes, and they are only $8 each at Costco right now. Drill a few holes in the bottom, put down a layer of landscape fabric and fill it with compost.

This is the ebay listing I bought from a year ago, and looks like its still active and the guy has more to sell.

I will warn you, I had a HELL of a time getting those seeds sprouted. Took me like 10 seeds to get one sprout. But I later read thats common with peppers, and a few things to try.

Both my wife and I absolutely LOVED the habanada. It wasn't any hotter than a Jalapeno but it had this absolutely wonderful floral flavor that it brought to food. I have a ziplock bag of them diced up in my freezer I use for cooking.

Habanero's have a great flavor, but a bit spicy for most! Would be a good alternative to make stuff with as the wife likes a little spice but not habanero hot

I was thinking that too. I just dont wanna screw anything up like I did last time. Also my dry and cure sucked last grow, hay tasting. Idk if I dried too fast or just suck at curing. And the one plant that turned brown and musty smelling was a huge let down
I think there's a few things that can make the hay smell but drying to fast could be a big culprit. I don't like wet trimming the first time I tried it I got the hay smell since I stopped I don't have as much of issue with it. If I over dry/ too fast I'll get but I believe too much N can cause a grass/hay taste also

@Cerebral Goo

I grew the habanada in a 5 gallon bucket kratky hydro style.

1706568868872.png

1706568889213.png

I wrapped the bucket in a space blanket to help keep the water cool.

We did loofah too, I grew that kratky style in a 55 gallon drum. Worked great and we gave everyone homemade spongers for christmas this year.

1706568984618.png

Do not grow melons hydroponically. They look fantastic.

1706569012614.png

But before they ripen, every single one of them splits open. You have to control how much water they can access.

And those candy cane peppers took 2 months longer than my green bell peppers to harvest, but they looked cool as hell. I can't find a picture of mine, though. But they were absolutely beautiful, and I'm going to grow them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back