Status
Not open for further replies.

@Cerebral Goo ...... :headbang:

Thanks for the heads up Mossy!! Crazy people! Not as big as the swell in December, but always impressive! I follow a couple of surf things on Instagram that have surf alerts and the links to bouys out in the oceans across the world. The bouys send info about swell heights/direction and people know when the big ones are coming. Pretty interesting.
Will definitely go back at some point. When I was there last January, the waves were only 20' (roughly 7 meters), but those were still way too big for me. Especially being rusty from not living by the ocean at the moment.

Here's a shot from Monday

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 10.08.04 AM.png

Overall, those actually look like fairly easy big waves.
Now the exit does seem to be a little tricky and I did see 1 wave where the breaks met,

it's cool to look at, but I'd never ride those waves because the water just too damn cold!

Besides! Right now is prime time of the year on North Shore! I'd still be on my little Makaha Beach!:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Easy :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: Was standing on the cliff and the beach there this week last year. Not so easy! Cold water is good! Controls the lineup population. That was one of the good things in Northern Cal. Water is 55 in the summer and 53 in the winter. Between that and the great whites, it keeps all the wuss' out of the water!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Makaha is nice though. Just don't piss off the locals!!! Houlie! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyone thought about their veggie garden for this year? Was looking around yesterday for new stuff to plant. Baker Creek has some interesting out of the norm stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on some cool stuff to grow that is a little out of the ordinary? Will be expanding the size this year, but still limited to a 10x20 space as that's all the fencing I have at the moment.

Deer are crazy here and eat anything but butterfly bushes.
especially with the snow covering their food. Took this yesterday am. These ladies are right at my front door and have really done a number on the yews! You can see strait through them!!! Feel bad for them, but at the same time...quit eating my f'n bushes!!!

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 10.08.22 AM.png

Happy Tuesday ^_^ Hope you're all well!

:gary:

:pass::pass::pass::bighug:

Just a quick "hi n' fly' from me as i'm being a busy (responsible) beaver!
One day i'll be able to just do nothing on my high universal basic income that Elon is promising!

Beaver.PNG

Easy :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: Was standing on the cliff and the beach there this week last year. Not so easy! Cold water is good! Controls the lineup population. That was one of the good things in Northern Cal. Water is 55 in the summer and 53 in the winter. Between that and the great whites, it keeps all the wuss' out of the water!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Makaha is nice though. Just don't piss off the locals!!! Houlie! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
In the early 80's I spent a couple of winters in Maui, surfing Ho'okipa in the morning when it was glassy, windsurfing in the afternoon after the tradewind kicked in. I was laying low because I was expecting i might get indicted after an ex-shipmate got busted with a shrimp-boat loaded with weed. One day a couple of guys wearing white shirts and neckties showed up at the beach late in the afternoon. I thought the jig was up. I sat on my board out beyond the surf line until they left at dusk. Turns out they were lawyer friends of another windsurfer. Paranoia strikes deep.
Hookipa.jpg

Anyone thought about their veggie garden for this year? Was looking around yesterday for new stuff to plant. Baker Creek has some interesting out of the norm stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on some cool stuff to grow that is a little out of the ordinary? Will be expanding the size this year, but still limited to a 10x20 space as that's all the fencing I have at the moment.

especially with the snow covering their food. Took this yesterday am. These ladies are right at my front door and have really done a number on the yews! You can see strait through them!!! Feel bad for them, but at the same time...quit eating my f'n bushes!!!

View attachment 1661267
My garlic is in, hiding under 3" of styrofoam. Other than that, the veggie garden think will be figured out later.

Last year, I was one of the few in my veggie gardening circle that didn't lose their patch to freezing. Most winters, some mulch will do, some winters, not so much - 35C has a way with garlic...):pighug:

View attachment 1661267
Have a look here, there must be something that tickles your fancy for a spring project: https://www.rareseeds.com/

:pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back