Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think that's an extremely valid question, man

I'm just curious, at what point of obfuscation of your source genetics is it "lying"?

I'm not defending that breeder at all.

But taking a look at like Original Sensible Seeds, whose seeds I am growing right now.

1705618488342.png

Ok. Where did those 3 strains come from? I doubt OSS bred all 3. Should they reveal what breeders they used?

If you look at Mephisto, one of their original line was 24 Carat.

1705618565843.png

They say where the sour boggle came from. But what is a "Breeding auto purple indica" even mean? At some point that auto purple indica had to come from somewhere.

BHANG

It's been a long time since I made Bhang. Usually I add tea and Chai spices, but this time it will get hot chocolate. Perfect on a cold snowy day.

Indian folks might laugh at my unofficial version, but here goes

*Coarse ground Buds and high quality trim
*Butter
*Milk
*Tea, spices, etc

1) melt butter in bottom of pot
2) fry the cannabis for a few minutes
3) add milk and heat it up. A little lecithin helps too.
4) keep it warm for a while stirring occasionally
5) add tea or whatever
(Extra step: I like to put some uncooked weed in to replace the terps l9st in frying, but it's up to you)
6) drink slowly, clear your schedule, and wait

This time I will use 1.5-2g of larf, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 cup of milk.
Whole milk works best, but I am limited to 2% from now on.

I'm just curious, at what point of obfuscation of your source genetics is it "lying"?

I'm not defending that breeder at all.

But taking a look at like Original Sensible Seeds, whose seeds I am growing right now.

View attachment 1660006

Ok. Where did those 3 strains come from? I doubt OSS bred all 3. Should they reveal what breeders they used?

If you look at Mephisto, one of their original line was 24 Carat.

View attachment 1660007

They say where the sour boggle came from. But what is a "Breeding auto purple indica" even mean? At some point that auto purple indica had to come from somewhere.
That's supposedly @Mossy black dragon... Never found a reason it's one of the only strains they don't give any credit for

Ok, so just out of curiosity, if I wanted to start my own seed breeding company.

How would I start?

I know some breeders do collaborations. Or just tell you what the other breeder that the weed was crossed with was.

As long as I admit where the genetics came from, is that ok?

Or do I have to somehow source my own genetics from....somewhere....and then claim it as my own?

I would think permission is a great start. Or at the very least recognition of the starting genetics.

Gnome Automatics has done collabs with numerous breeders quite publicly for example. And the breeders involved recognize that collab. He also has mentioned Mossy numerous time in his interviews he's done with various outlets, and her work (that exists in his) and contributions to the autoflower community.

Nancy from Nancy's Own has a lot of Mephisto in her genetics (I believe she was doing repro's for them.)

It doesn't take much to realize when someone is full of shit when you start asking a few basic questions they can't answer.

I would think permission is a great start. Or at the very least recognition of the starting genetics.

Gnome Automatics has done collabs with numerous breeders quite publicly for example. And the breeders involved recognize that collab. He also has mentioned Mossy numerous time in his interviews he's done with various outlets, and her work (that exists in his) and contributions to the autoflower community.

Nancy from Nancy's Own has a lot of Mephisto in her genetics (I believe she was doing repro's for them.)

It doesn't take much to realize when someone is full of shit when you start asking a few basic questions they can't answer.

Permission makes sense for an established breeder to breed in another breeders breed. (Say that 5 times fast).

But if I'm Blue Dreamer and I want to start Blue's Weed Breed LLC, no established breeder is going to let Timmy Shit for Spit use their genetics because they have no clue if he's legit or if he throws dogs out of 2nd story windows.

So yeah, at least recognizing them.

I mean if I were to say cross a strain from one breeder with a strain from another, hit on something awesome, grow a bunch out looking for the best phenotypes, etc etc, would I be out of line to market and sell that? I don't think so. But it would be wrong to lie about where the genetics came from.

Something I was hoping you guys can help me understand....

I've been seeing this on Reddit a lot lately, where guys are growing 10 or more small 1 gallon pots, all with the same strain, and calling it a "pheno hunt".

If it where photo plants, I'd understand. But they are doing it with autos. So if you find a good pheno...what are you going to do? its gone. You can't clone it, you can't reveg it, its gone. So whats the point?

I have a feeling the answer is "Its because you saw that shit on reddit and they are retarded." but I wanted to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back