Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do sir yeah I he was pretty tore up last night can't imgqaine what he's going through right now

Thank you all for the well wishes I know it is greatly appreciated :worship::smokeout::karmacloud:
Thanks for acting as contact for @Dabber. I know that there is not a lot we can say that will change things for him and his family, but I hope that supportive condolences help a little bit. I suspect that the only thing worse than dealing with that sort of tragedy, is dealing with it alone. :karmacloud:

Well i lucked out! The lady that let me borrow her jeep her husband is a mechanic and just got home and said rotors don’t need to be turned! Bout to do few dabs amd go slap it all back together! Also i was right c clamp doesn’t work on the rear calipers cuz they have to be twisted back in not just pressed in! Woulda been super easy had i remembered to take the top of the brake fluid reservoir! :doh::rofl:
Ahh, there is always a step to be left out. Now why would I think that?:pighug::crying:

Thanks for acting as contact for @Dabber. I know that there is not a lot we can say that will change things for him and his family, but I hope that supportive condolences help a little bit. I suspect that the only thing worse than dealing with that sort of tragedy, is dealing with it alone. :karmacloud:

Thanks again OF yes I told him not to make me be the middle guy but he just couldn't bring himself to do it and get onsite. I didn't know what to tell him I was just overwhelmed with the news he was fine with that just wanted someone to talk to :pass:

Last edited:
@Lil Dab the worst part of the trip was flying from Denver to Durango in what seemed like a bush plane. Screw that! Ditched the flight back and rented a Suburban. Kick ass scenery back thru Colorado.
Yeah it is never did a train or plane ride but when I first met my wife went to visit her family in Denver. We took a day and drove up through Estes park and Rocky Mountain national forest to the top of one of the mountains I believe we were 13,000 feet at the peak :pass::headbang:

Well i lucked out! The lady that let me borrow her jeep her husband is a mechanic and just got home and said rotors don’t need to be turned! Bout to do few dabs amd go slap it all back together! Also i was right c clamp doesn’t work on the rear calipers cuz they have to be twisted back in not just pressed in! Woulda been super easy had i remembered to take the top of the brake fluid reservoir! :doh::rofl:

I've got a mechanic near me that is so insanely cheap its stupid not to use him. He used to rent a big building near the highway, but the landlord kicked them out trying to bring in someone else paying more, and now the place has been sitting empty for like 5 years. He works out of a pole barn on his property. He's got all his certs and does fantastic work.

Dude charges $20 for an alignment, and $10 for a fluid change, you supply the fluid. So, axle, transfer case, transmission and engine oil for $40. Honda wanted $180 JUST for the transfer case.

I think he charged me $50 for brakes all the way around, last time I had him do them. My Honda Civic rolled 200k miles right before covid hit, and I had him do a complete overhaul. Change all the fluids, brakes, spark plugs, belts, and a new suspension and new tires. Of course I supplied the parts. I think it was $460 all together for labor.

Last time I tried to do brakes, it was on my dad's car and the caliper bolts were rusted in place. Got out a 6 foot cheater bar and they wouldn't budge. I told him he'd have to take it to a shop because they'd need to heat the bolts up with a torch.

Twenty20 Durban Twist day 49 think this is the happiest plant I’ve had :woohoo1::headbang::drool:

IMG_8176.jpeg
IMG_8177.jpeg
IMG_8178.jpeg
IMG_8179.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back