Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.29.25 AM.png

could be worse :biggrin::shrug:

Yup....:d5:... that's what I keep thinking too...........:headbang:

Hubbys van has had various electrical errors for the last 6 months...had to go to the garage...

Garage lady is a friend.... she rang up and said... everything is pointing to the alternator... but it is a very rare bit to go...do you want it replaced,.?

She rang back... when they took it out...it was the original part...it was 24 Years old.....:biggrin:... yeah.. they don't break down that often...:headbang:

Hey @PinkyNotTheBrain ! Got a weird plumbing question for ya! Tryin to fix a tub faucet leak for a friend. Normally the valves just screw out and replace the rubber gasket and put in a new seat...How the hell does this thing come out????!!!! Never run into one like this. Went to remove and there isn't a anything to fit the wrench to...

This is after taking the handle off.The valves are completely open before removing handles. In the second pic, the nut unscrews

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.49.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.50.02 AM.png

In the third pic, the nut is removed and you can see the end piece popped off, but there is nothing to get a wrench on and the piece does not pull out...? Should the threaded pipe that is cemented in screw off and then have access to unscrew the valve? F'n thing is cemented in...uuurrrrggghhhh!!!

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.50.16 AM.png

Thanks for any advice broheim!!!

Hey @PinkyNotTheBrain ! Got a weird plumbing question for ya! Tryin to fix a tub faucet leak for a friend. Normally the valves just screw out and replace the rubber gasket and put in a new seat...How the hell does this thing come out????!!!! Never run into one like this. Went to remove and there isn't a anything to fit the wrench to...

This is after taking the handle off.The valves are completely open before removing handles. In the second pic, the nut unscrews

View attachment 1671087
View attachment 1671088

In the third pic, the nut is removed and you can see the end piece popped off, but there is nothing to get a wrench on and the piece does not pull out...? Should the threaded pipe that is cemented in screw off and then have access to unscrew the valve? F'n thing is cemented in...uuurrrrggghhhh!!!

View attachment 1671089

Thanks for any advice broheim!!!
I’m paying close attention…. I’ve got the same type of valves in my shower.. :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back