Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...the only place I have seen soil that colour is Cyprus...they grow great potatoes......and you can tell them by the red soil dust left on them......:pass:
Sweet potatoes grow really well in a red soil, but it needs to be more of a sandy red soil than clay.

My sweet potatoes made my Mom cry. :biggrin:She complimented my planting of the several varieties she surprised me with and how well they grew throughout the season. You could tell that there was going to be quite the harvest with the way the ground was swelling. When we started harvesting them, Mom came out to observe. So I'm digging and I'm coming up with some beautiful beautiful potatoes and I'm hooping and hollering. I look over and Mom is tearing up. She tells me that she's crying because the harvest is reminding her of her Grandpa and his sweet potatoes. Throughout the 30s, he was known as the Sweet Potato King In a wide expanse in Texas.

Out of the four varieties that she picked, I started growing one very regularly. I called them Double Wrap Taters. I took that from a comment my boy made. The first time we baked a bunch he helped me rap them up in foil. Every single one of them leaked from all the sugar in them. That's when the boy said I guess we need to double wrap them. They were definitely a very good and productive strain that tasted quite excellent! The one thing I found the most surprising about the strain was that you could grow very very large potatoes and not get that bad stringyness. One potato was enough to feed, I think we had 15 people in the office that one Christmas party that I made candied sweet potatoes. They did eat all of it, but several went back for seconds!
The baked potatoes were so damn delicious. No fake butter or margarine! Only real cows butter!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I've never ever bought a sweet potato at the store that even come close!

Interesting quote from a Native American artist here in Okla.

“That pigment is a reflection of who we are, a representation of who we are as native people,” he explained.

“It’s our blood. The red earth takes care of us and protects our identity as native people, but it also secures and reminds us of our wound, where we come from. And we were made from earth, and we shall return to earth.”

I just get a text..................
"Hey man! That oil that you gave me looks real funny this morning! It's all cloudy and junk!"

Hey Cliff! The Oil I gave you is made with coconut oil. Draw some Hot water in your bathroom sink and put the bottle in for about 5 minutes.
It's coconut oil. It Solidifies at room temperature.

:face: :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back