Status
Not open for further replies.
Also since i will have to break the budlets off the stems i will tear off any excess leaves that don’t have trichs on them! Maybe i can tumble trim it! Then i can run the trash over trimbin and keep just the kief! We shall see! Prob time to experiment! :eyebrows::lildab:

The Mephisto Grape Crush branch that broke off, it just occured to me I should try rooting it! I could potentially reverse it and get some pollen to chuck. Went and found it in the trash, clipped the end and put it in some clonex and then in some tap water. These guys are already almost a month old, so I doubt it would get super big, but if timing lines up, I could get some interesting grape crush crosses. I've got a Gorilla growing thats a little younger than the grape crush, and its known for being super resiny. I could make some grape ape, lol.

I stopped trimming after reading that you can also press trim for rosin. Why trim at all if it’s all pressable

Yeah you can but when I did it I got the darkest harshest rosin I’ve had. So I started trimming little better. I save the trim for bubble but even that wasn’t great. I think my trim will just be for edibles wasn’t worth the time to process it.

Also since i will have to break the budlets off the stems i will tear off any excess leaves that don’t have trichs on them! Maybe i can tumble trim it! Then i can run the trash over trimbin and keep just the kief! We shall see! Prob time to experiment! :eyebrows::lildab:
That’s what I do pretty light trimming then tumble it. I do press the kief from the tumbler after I sift it through the trim bin. I know some say that’s not worth it cause of too much plant material in it which kills the yield but the stuff I’ve gotten from that was really good except yield

Yeah you can but when I did it I got the darkest harshest rosin I’ve had. So I started trimming little better. I save the trim for bubble but even that wasn’t great. I think my trim will just be for edibles wasn’t worth the time to process it.

Yep. I keep a garbage bag for trim in my freezer. When I trim a plant, I just get out that bag, stick it in a 5 gallon bucket, and cut all my trim into it, then back in the freezer. When I make cannabutter you just get trim and larf off the last I have no idea how many plants. Its like one of those never ending stews from medieval times, lol.

What an awesome start to the week. Picked up the mail and found a delivery from Laughing Hyena. Got a couple of tester strains and a couple of "thanks for testing" strains. Testers are Northern Berry and Mango Stick. Thank yous are Northern Afghan and Purple Domina. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the new 5x5 setup and need to hydrate some coco and then we will be off to the races. :greenthumb::yay: :greenthumb:

20240108_131259.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back