Status
Not open for further replies.
At least in my mind, the way it should work is, if the ECU loses contact with a sensor, it should revert to a table lookup for values for that sensor based on other inputs such as speed, RPMs, air temp, coolant temp, etc. You won't get as good of gas mileage, but yeah.

Thats what your ECU does when an oxygen sensor goes out. It just goes by a lookup table and throws a CEL so you get the sensor changed.

So if you unplugged the MAF and the engine was still spitting and sputtering, I don't think it was the MAF that was the issue, because the car should have reverted to a lookup table for MAF values and ran well enough.

Sorry dude, I think your Princess might be in another castle.
Wait what you mean STILL coughing and sputtering? It didn’t do that until I disconnected the sensor but idled fine otherwise! Also o2 sensor just reads emissions but MAF i am pretty sure plays a roll in the air to fuel ratio so seems without it engine can’t get a proper reading to know whats coming into engine! I am all googled out atm tho so too lazy to search MAF exact function! :shrug::rofl:

BUT....If you disconnected and reconnected and now it runs better....maybe the shade tree mechanic you had work on it before somehow got a crappy connection. Maybe some grease got in the plug or something. IDK.
No bro it runs better cuz i replaced the gas pedal sensor! ;)

Still not running perfect tho which is why o was curious if maybe MAF needed attention too! The first check engine code when my moms friend broke down at gas station the code said it was related to throttle body so could be not working (from failure or being dirty) but also listed accelerator pedal position sensor and the MAF so trying to determine if that needs work too so i know if i can safely drive it between now and monday when we do the diagnostic on it!

Still not running perfect tho which is why o was curious if maybe MAF needed attention too! The first check engine code when my moms friend broke down at gas station the code said it was related to throttle body so could be not working (from failure or being dirty) but also listed accelerator pedal position sensor and the MAF so trying to determine if that needs work too so i know if i can safely drive it between now and monday when we do the diagnostic on it!

Sorry man, but I think we have reached the limits of my diagnostic expertise.

They have arrived! Prob get a couple of each going here today. Need a good veg before the OD happens!

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
In NY state home-grows will be legal starting in June of this year. That's 18 months after the first licensed retail sale. We're allowed three plants in flower and 3 immature plants per adult, with a max of double that per household. So in a home with 2 or more adults we can grow up to 12 plants at a time (6 in flower and 6 immature). Possession of over a pound, or 5 oz of concentrate, is still a misdemeanor, and 5 pounds is a felony (or 2 lb of concentrate), so I guess we're supposed to smoke it up quick so our stash doesn't get too big. On the street we can legally possess up to 3 oz (or 24g of concentrate). We're also allowed to give 3 oz. at a time as a gift.

As a practical matter, the newspaper says the popo are not raiding un-licensed dispensaries. Only the state Cannabis Control Board is raiding black-market dispos so far, and they're not making arrests, just confiscating inventory and putting a notice on the door with a number for snitchy neighbors to call when they open up for business again. They hit one unlicensed storefront dispo in my neighborhood, and they were open a couple days later.

Criminal records for anything that's now legal are being automatically expunged. Those of us charged with weed conspiracy are prolly outa luck though. Oh, well, with one foot in the grave already it won't really matter for me.
Unless they changed the law, I thought it was 5lb storage per household, 3 oz flower transport… don’t know about concentrates. And 6 per adult (3/3) to 12 plants max household 6/6

Sorry man, but I think we have reached the limits of my diagnostic expertise.
Same here and kinda have a sneaking suspicion my mechanic skills are on par with the mobile mechanic guy cuz he def seemed to be guessing at what car needs or he thought i was clueless and he could suggest a repair for the car that may or may not fix the problem! If an engine code lists a few things it could be u don’t mess with 1 and assume its broken and needing replacement without checking the other potential causes! Why he seemed to have no clue about car needing to be manually put thru idle learn after cleaning throttle body since it should be working better afterwards! Also the pedal sensor was on list and it was the 1 that the symptoms of it failing was basically a checklist of what mine was doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back