Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure Mara, In Michigan 12 plants are allowed but only 8 ounces are allowed LOL :d5:

They didn't set a limit in Ohio, just 2.5 ounces, but they clarified thats what you can transport. I think thats just so they can crack down on black market stuff if they have to, but going after people transporting large amounts.

But I can take 2.5 ounces in my car and gift it to a friend with no concerns.

659D2F3A-D790-4998-9FF8-513E1F06FF2A.jpg

That's sexy!!

1708713427899.gif

BF3521E5-3373-4CFC-8D54-1A51394FC0E5.jpeg

Gotta do some more driving to see if its good to go for now or if it has something else needing attention! Since i listened to the advice of disconnecting the MAF sensor with car running which didn’t do much except lighting up half my emergency lights on the dash and causing car to cough and sputter while disconnected but lights had been on since then but after couple small laps around neighborhood they turned themselves off! Did 1 bigger lap of maybe 2 miles so i could get up to highway speed and seems ok so far! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1667355

View attachment 1667356

Gotta do some more driving to see if its good to go for now or if it has something else needing attention! Since i listened to the advice of disconnecting the MAF sensor with car running which didn’t do much except lighting up half my emergency lights on the dash and causing car to cough and sputter while disconnected but lights had been on since then but after couple small laps around neighborhood they turned themselves off! Did 1 bigger lap of maybe 2 miles so i could get up to highway speed and seems ok so far! :thumbsup:

Nice!

My auto repair skills were a bit out of date, glad to see it was still useful.

@WildBill u around? On newer drive by wire cars is it still ok to disconnect MAF with engine running or was the engine codes and sputtering to be expected? Or is the sputtering a sign its dirty and/or needs replacing? Everywhere online says to use a multimeter to test the sensor and haven’t seen anything about running car with sensor disconnected?

Nice!

My auto repair skills were a bit out of date, glad to see it was still useful.
Hopefully Bill will answer if that test method works on newer cars? Def kept running but was coughing and sputtering like crazy and no info online about testing it that way so no idea if it shoulda kept running smooth at idle and is needing replacing or if that method doesn’t work on newer cars!

Hopefully Bill will answer if that test method works on newer cars? Def kept running but was coughing and sputtering like crazy and no info online about testing it that way so no idea if it shoulda kept running smooth at idle and is needing replacing or if that method doesn’t work on newer cars!

At least in my mind, the way it should work is, if the ECU loses contact with a sensor, it should revert to a table lookup for values for that sensor based on other inputs such as speed, RPMs, air temp, coolant temp, etc. You won't get as good of gas mileage, but yeah.

Thats what your ECU does when an oxygen sensor goes out. It just goes by a lookup table and throws a CEL so you get the sensor changed.

So if you unplugged the MAF and the engine was still spitting and sputtering, I don't think it was the MAF that was the issue, because the car should have reverted to a lookup table for MAF values and ran well enough.

Sorry dude, I think your Princess might be in another castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back