Status
Not open for further replies.
U didn’t make that RSO with ISO did u? U are confusing me here! I hope to god u are talking about cleaning the pan not cooking the RSO!

Yes, I made it with iso.

I did a bunch of googling. Some places said iso, some said everclear.

@Jpkindbud even posted a howto

that specifically says iso.

Next time definitely gonna get the 99% isopropyl instead of 91%, which is all I could find locally. Getting that water out of it was a pain, and I think I could have reduced it further, but it was sticking all over the pan, so I just had to make a judgement call.

That was roughly 3 plants worth of trim.

But I definitely like it as a method for using up a whole bunch of trim all at once. And you can use the RSO for edibles, or just by its self on a cracker, or whatever.
I'd recommend getting 200 proof food or pharmaceutical grade ethanol (alcohol) so it fully evaporates, thats pretty much the current standard reccomendation Ive found for homemade/medicinal RSO/FECO.
Also, did you just use trim? RSO/FECO is really meant to be full plant, trim + flower.

Last edited:
Yes, I made it with iso.

I did a bunch of googling. Some places said iso, some said everclear.

@Jpkindbud even posted a howto

that specifically says iso.
Again…. If you’re going to consume it, use something consumable. Don’t expect yourself to get 100% of the solvent out….

Just because someone else does it doesn’t make it safe…. Don’t poison your medicine…

i've said it 1000 timez before & i'll say it again -> 100% acetone in the fingernail polish aisle at walfart....$3 for 16 oz....BUY IT DAMNIT! :doh: ppp
Definitely wouldn't use it to make rso. Wouldn't even really use iso unless it's food grade. But he does use battery acid as pH adjusters so who knows :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back