Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Cerebral Goo
I have a wood question….

Not a question about my wood…..well, it’s mine, but get your goddamn mind out of the gutter for a moment and let us be serious…..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have a ton of original wood trim in my house, and in a few spots I can see that the trim underneath the white paint was nice, and stained and beautiful (maybe lol) …… is there a way to strip the paint without damaging the wood? Is it even a worthwhile project?

I tried to get a couple pics but it’s in an awkward spot…

View attachment 1665867View attachment 1665868

It’s right next to my dabbing spot, I keep getting high and staring at it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pass:

"Insert wood joke here"... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: All jokes aside, yes, you can do it, but it's a pain in the ass. Messy and gotta be careful with dust and lead paint if it's an older house. I always had my painting contractors do it with my projects. They would use chemical strippers and come back with countour and specialized sanders.

If there isn't that much damage to the wood, I would probably do it as I prefer wood, but it WILL be a major project!!! Check the amount of wood damage and maybe get some stripper and try a little bit around where it's already has flaked off. That will give ya good indication of what it will take. Just paint over if you decide not to do it. Since it's already flaked off, you'll need to paint anyway.

You could try some of the citrus stripper as it won't be as fumey for you and Dude, but usually the more toxic, the better it works....let me know if you got any other questions

17877B68-FBC7-4EB2-913B-DBDD566BA1A4.jpeg
CF615DA7-FD63-4595-9FF1-E2A606EC761C.jpeg

Hey @Cerebral Goo
I have a wood question….

Not a question about my wood…..well, it’s mine, but get your goddamn mind out of the gutter for a moment and let us be serious…..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have a ton of original wood trim in my house, and in a few spots I can see that the trim underneath the white paint was nice, and stained and beautiful (maybe lol) …… is there a way to strip the paint without damaging the wood? Is it even a worthwhile project?

I tried to get a couple pics but it’s in an awkward spot…

View attachment 1665867View attachment 1665868

It’s right next to my dabbing spot, I keep getting high and staring at it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pass:
Ummmmmmmmmmmm..........................................
59e1a7fa-0a01-4542-987e-abb0dc8dbbcf_text.gif
Of a project!

Someone painted over the beautifully stained trim in my old ancient farmhouse.

It sucks
fix it!
I did the entire house! I would never ever do that again! Well, I won't have a house ever again with that kind of wood. This home was built in the early 20s.....................1920's. It had beautiful Pinewood floors with no knots whatsoever. The quality of the wood was same for the trim. All the wood markings of where it came from In East Texas. It was also full dimensional lumber, unlike today. Will it be in a farmhouse and nothing really set on center and own style full dimensional lumber, it sure as hell complicated any carpentry project I had! Oh geez!
Lead paint my was my biggest concern. That meant masks and then a thorough cleanup. I didn't work on it with my kid in the house.
I did it! I went even more overboard and got all my hardware replated for all the doors that were also beautiful pine doors. And I performed the boiler inspections for a plating company. I accommodated their work schedule for a Sunday internal inspection and I got cut rate custom plating.
Yours looks way worse than what I had. I wouldn't touch it .

You guys ever make RSO before?

I just smoked my wife's blender by grinding up 3 quarts of trim to soak in alcohol.

Good news is, I got all 3 quarts ground up. But the blender let all the magic smoke out the back.

I'm gonna let them sit and marinate in the freezer until Tuesday when my 10ml syringes and luer lock caps are here so I can suck it up in a syringe after I cook off the alcohol.
I hate to tell you this…. But you don’t have to grind the trim…..

You don’t really even need to grind the buds…. Just break them down small. The solvent (booze) will soak into everything….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back