Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so I kind of learned my lesson yesterday. I didn't think much about it, I took the seeds in a small package down to the post office and I needed to buy a bubble mailer and pay for postage.

Well what I didn't think about was, the clerk watching me the entire time. I filled out the address, and then I realized oh crap, I have to put a return address or she is going to want to know why.

I figured I'd just do it this time, and be more careful in the future. I had already given the guy my address via personal message. Its not illegal to own the seeds. not illegal to send them through the mail. And the guy getting them is literally on the other side of the country so I'm not too worried about him trying to find my grow, lol.

And not only that, but good luck trying to get to my grow. I've got security cameras out the wazoo, its in a building only accessible from one entrance, and that entrance is reinforced. I'm 6'4" and 300lbs and my dad used to live in the building I grow in. One day he pissed me off. I tried to kick down the door, and I failed. 2x6 construction, solid metal door, and reinforced strike plates and its installed with 6" construction screws. I managed to knock down all the shelving off the wall and break a bunch of stuff, but I didn't get the door open. I'm sure if I got a sledge hammer I probably could. But at that point I'd be on 3 different cameras that are constantly backing up to the cloud.
You're far less likely to get any problems by using the post office when sending seeds Or other things. You can't really say that when you use UPS Or any other service.
Anyway, I don't use my own actual return address When I send something out. Wherever I'm sending it to already has my address. So no reason to put the real one on the mail.

I thought I'd go ahead and share my little post that was posted in Bob's Permanent thread.

Any inputs from you organic guys would be appreciated.

Hey Bob!
Are those rice hulls pretty resilient about breaking down?
In my organic program, I really wouldn't have much of a problem using it as a top dress As a barrier to bugs and for aid and moisture retention even with a living cover crop.
With as active as my media is, I'd be a little reluctant to use it in all my media as aeration, although I can see it doing a great deal in aiding a very healthy root system. I'm just a little bit leary, of it possibly tying up nutrients.

I've been migrating towards using something a bit more permanent for aeration, but something that will supply a very valuable mineral such as silica. I started using volcanic pumice. I do have quite a bit of media that I used a product that is used to soak up oil spills that is composed of diatomaceous earth. I went to the pumice for two reasons, it's a bit lighter and a little less dense and then you have all the holes in it for the microbe homes.
The pumice stays in place and does not migrate

The biggest reason I'm migrating toward use of that volcanic pumice Is me using A no till set up on big pots and beds in the future. The aeration has to be more of a permanent nature since the pots in the beds will go through many many grow cycles. I've already purchased several bags in preparation and anticipation of using the AutoPot Tray2Grow setup with GrassRoots LivingEarth bed.

Jeremy of BAS We'll be running two of the beds in his next 10x10 grow series. I sent BAS Several questions and suggestions and running these beds and I'm waiting to see how he runs them and if he is going to utilize especially one of the suggestions/question I proposed. I think the biggest and most important question in running these beds was if he is going to manually institute a Regular cyclical Dry down time.
I feel that instituting that dry down period will do two critical things in the running of the beds with the auto pot system. setup. A set dry down period will help with expanding the root system and also help with the health of it. It will also help to be able to utilize liquid amendments and not over water the bed.
In my mind, the way I think the AutoPot Tray2Grow Could be utilized and ran pretty much like an Earthbox setup, but WAAAAAY bigger and ya don't have to rebuild it after every grow. I think that the plant will develop the same root relationship with the wicking mat of the AutoPot as the plant does in an Earthbox. With this relationship the plant now has a source of clean water with no nutrients. It can now take up water and not be forced to take up nutrients along with it. As in Earth boxes, it can then can take its nutrients from the surrounding media and the top dressing with its feeder roots.

Here is a video from him explaining the system.
If it functions as I think it will, I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main means of production. The labor it will save, I think will be quite sizable. In a tent environment, the only downside would be access to the girls to do training and trimming and the sort. I'd have to start using that back door on the tent that I've never used.

Starting up the next grow would be extremely simple and could be pretty quick. After the plant is chopped, turn the water off from the reservoir for a dry down. The cover crop will continue to utilize what moisture is left in the bed and help with the dry down. Once the media is at acceptable moisture levels, I would remove media directly around the old main stalk, cut and remove the stalk about 4 inches down and then fill in the hole with plain media to either direct seed or transplant. The plain media is just to avoid any problems in germination or transplant with all the microbial activity in the soil. Naturally I'll sprinkle some mycorrhiza in the hole, But that probably won't be needed being that close proximity to the old root system that already has some established.

I think it will be a very large labor saver where I can devote some of that savings to training. I think it will simplify growing quite a bit and also provide for a extremely consistent and Potent product.

While the rice hulls would not benefit me much in the bed set up, I'll still be using Earthbox Reg & Jrs and my new three gallon GrassRoots LivingEarth bags for tests and clones.

Odd.....county property appraiser running around doing the appraisal updates which is every 5 years and ours was done in 2022 yet they doing it again. Wouldn't surprise me a bit what with Blackrock and their ilk buying up all the property they can at high prices if local Govmnts don't help em out by inflating apprasal's to price people out of their homes.
There was a book about how Disney tricked and cheated people out of their property in central FL, using fake buyers and lawyers to hide their intent. It was by a Florida journalist, Carl Hiaasen, called "Team Rodent."

For those of you that purchased the first generation of the new ac Infinity Circulation fan, don't hesitate to get the new version has a free replacement.
I bought my three at different times through Amazon. On their website and using the form that they supplied all I did was add my order numbers and told them what the QA numbers were on the fan itself. Don't worry about if you can't make out the numbers from the little orange tags since it is in the area where the tent would rub on it. I couldn't make out some other numbers.
I did that fairly late last night in just a little while ago I got an email in stating that my order has been submitted and showed a bill of$0 and I probably should have a tracking and shipping notification out fairly soon.
Now that's what I call customer service!
My 2 replacement have already shipped just sent request email with rohs numbers and my shipping info and next thing I knew I had a shipment confirmation :headbang: :cooldance:

There was a book about how Disney tricked and cheated people out of their property in central FL, using fake buyers and lawyers to hide their intent. It was by a Florida journalist, Carl Hiaasen, called "Team Rodent."
Well known story down here. Dames point bridge in Jax was put off over 10 years just waiting for some people to die off so politicians could buy it up to sell it to the county at a nice profit. Toll bridges in Jax were still collecting tolls many years after they were supposed to have quit once they paid off that debt. Lots of shady Govmnt business going around here.
Central Fl. it was logging scams that were prevalent, shell companies formed, bought up huge tracts of land, logged all the worthwhile trees then quit paying on the loans and going bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back