Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I'm going to call these brownies a success. Idk how I'm still typing coherently cause I can't feel my face :rofl: hubby is going to have a rough day tomorrow so we celebrated Valentines Day today. I was planning on pulling out the bong for the first time in a over year but I think this worked just as well :rofl:

Actually, since you ask, no, it works like a hot damn. Well, perhaps one near trivial thing - the opening in the frame could be a half inch or so wider in case I had to replace the jack and the new one was weird and would not line up properly. I doubt that this would ever be a problem, but if I was starting another from scratch, I would build in a small contingency there. One other thing is that I support mine in a bench vise. If you want it to work free standing, you would need to add some sort of wider base to make it stable while pumping. You sure wouldn't want it to fall on your foot. You could go with an 8 ton jack, I think, but there is little difference in price, so I went for what is likely a bit of overkill. With the 3x5 plates, the press does an easy job of three pucks, I can't remember how many grams in each. I pre-compress the pucks in one of those puck makers.

If you are interested in my design, have a careful look at the photo, and if there is anything about the setup that doesn't make sense, let me know. For now I will point out one thing that isn't that obvious in the photo. The lower mobile plate is secured from rotating out of alignment with the top plate because the plate on top of the jack has ears that slide up and down between the twin side columns. If you look closely at the photo, you will see what I mean. Because of this function, you have to use twin columns on the sides, or use another means of locking the lower plate in alignment.

This little project probably saved me almost as much money as my DIY lights.

If you can weld cast iron, you are a better welder than I am. :worship:View attachment 1419703

Oh, and I forgot, @Cave Dirt Cody and @Daledenton84 the springs are from a trampoline, I found a pile of them a the garbage dump. You can buy them online in replacement sets of six. Two of them do a perfect job of opening the plates when the jack valve is opened.
I just bought a new trampoline. Taking down the old one probably next month.

I also have a hydraulic cylinder. Loads of hydraulic and pneumatic experience. I don’t mind spending money. But building it cheaper and obviously better is what I’m about. Thing is my spare time is worth upwards of a 100.00 hour. :shrug:

Is their anything in your design you would change?
I could build one no problem. Being a electrician and able to weld a cast iron dick on a snowman. Have plenty of steel. :baked: :pass:

Yes I would make 4x5 plates In a cage style. Mine move around once in a while. The leather I have used for insulation and grip under the bottom plate have become very smooth with wear. I suppose a new piece of leather would help?

thank you all for the input hopefully I have enough bookmarked to make a @Olderfart & @Mañ'O'Green DIY press 2.0:eyebrows:. i will be putting a post together when i do build it where should i put it?

Hey @Suki813, can you point me in the direction to where I can find how to make those brownies? They sound good!!

So I've been talking to this younger lady about growing & other common interest, but I didn't have the courage to ask her out for Valentines. She's on my FB now, so I guess I'll throw her some virtual flowers. :eyebrows:
I was thinking about mentioned AFN to her, but I know how some of you dogs are when it comes to ... :dancer: For now, I'm thinking about taking her under my wing and do some hands on growing ... so to speak. :rofl: :pass:

aval.gif

:love:

She's on my FB now, so I guess I'll throw her some virtual flowers. :eyebrows:

Least you can do...... :headbang: ..costs nowt........:biggrin:

I was thinking about mentioned AFN to her, but I know how some of you dogs are when it comes to ... :dancer: For now, I'm thinking about

Just tip me the Wink......:yeah:...an I'll lock @420Forever in the staff room for the day...........:biggrin:

Good Luck....:watering:..Nurture with Care....Grow with Respect....and Don't be Tempted to Over Fertilize.........:eyebrows:...you'll Do Fine....

:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back