Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in elementary I was on the speed skating team at my local roller rink! Then in junior high and into high school I was into in-line skating at the skateparks! This is 1 of my buddies I used to go skate with all the time!

He got sponsored and went on to make a bunch of money where when he quit skating in his mid 20’s he bought a couple gas stations in his hometown and basically retired! I on the other hand found women and packed my skates away for good!!!!! :eyebrows: :crying:

Good morfnoevight all you happy stones!

View attachment 1419607

You do not need a gauge or 20 tons. I can press a 4g puck paper thin without straining my 6 ton. In fact for the first press I would guess I am not even doing 3 ton. I have learned the "Feel" of the pressure I am pressing with by the handle pressure. I have 3 x 4 plates and I think it would work on 4 x 6 plates with maybe 6g puck. If you go bigger then a bigger press may be needed.

My favorite device for dabs is the X-Vape One with the bubbler. <$100

View attachment 1419608
Things to know about it. The ceramic doughnut heater is not always flush to the bottom of the barrel when new. So if you carefully loosen the center contact by pulling it out a little bit then you can use a pencil eraser end to gently push the heat element to the bottom of the barrel and gently hold it there while re-seating the contact. The device will work longer and better. You may need to trim the wire a bit so not to be in the threads. When they get really clogged up I take them all apart and clean them in 99% ISO. Rosin leaking down below the heat element or through the side vents into the airways is the number one reason for failure to work well.

This shows the wire end that may need to be trimmed.
View attachment 1419631
This shows the center contact lifted out part way. and one all the way out.
View attachment 1419632

View attachment 1419633View attachment 1419634View attachment 1419635

This one leaks around the wires into the air chamber below and the side air vents are clogged

View attachment 1419636

Do not overload it. A large grain of rice or two at the most dropped right in the center at one time will give three modest hits. Do not vape the last bit. It will burn and leave residue on the heat element. I use Precision tip Q-Tips to clean out any remaining rosin before reloading. Just heat a little and swab it out.

I clean the bubler using 99% ISO and a small syringe with plastic tubing to force the ISO through to wash it.

When you get one of these just right the will work for months as long as you do not over load it.

Always turn the bubbler clock-wise to remove or put back on so you do not unscrew the top ring on the heat chamber.

The first hit is always the most flavorful and the third is a bit foul compared to the first.

Ok time to use it................

boom! dabscience :shooty: ppp

1644790354581.png

1644790396825.png

1644790441558.png

1644790541516.png

View attachment 1419569 One of these setup at my place would give me a grow room and processing spot away from everyone
I have one and once we build my new garage I have been contemplating using it for the summer for breeding projects and one offs. Do not think I could afford to keep it warm enough in the winter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back