Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't care lol and I'm planning on using them as food/meds too so its fine. Plus I need stuff that will break up the crazy compacted dead clay "soil" in our little 18'x23' yard. Dry and dusty and definitely not primed for growing *anything* but with their mineral mining tap roots and dynamic accumulation I will leave whatever I don't use to chop and drop and compost in place over the winter as a soil conditioner and to add organic materials back in. I've been doing a bunch of research into that along with various hormones and enzymes and such produced by various types of plants and how the natural "weed" cycle goes about repairing soil structure and mineral contents and such. Every single "weed" people try to eradicate serves a purpose in the health and stability of the soil structure, pH, organic material content, etc. Pretty fascinating stuff when you get deeper into the rabbit hole.
If you want to develop that hard clay soil, find some feed turnip seeds. They will do the same as dandelion roots, but deeper and more mass.
Another alternative is L-bon Rye. I used the rye as a mother crop to protect the vetch I planted. as a part of my winter cover crop and soil building. The vetch is mainly for fixing nitrogen and a little bulk carbon. The rye is mainly for the root bulk structure and deep mineral mining. I let it grow the next spring and cut it before the rye is viable. I just cut and condition and lay in place with a hay harvester. Big thick ready made mulch layer. By the time it was ready to plant the next winter cover crop, all it took was a discing for a new seed bed.
You could plant ya a little square and harvest the greenage for a part of FPJ many times during the growing season.

Just talked to a friend and apparently it’s expensive with weed on Malta and they are lacking skills to grow it.
Showed this guy my plants and he was very impressed. And the best part is that it is legal to grow there.

Then I can teach people how to do it on distance.

:toke:

If you want to develop that hard clay soil, find some feed turnip seeds. They will do the same as dandelion roots, but deeper and more mass.
Another alternative is L-bon Rye. I used the rye as a mother crop to protect the vetch I planted. as a part of my winter cover crop and soil building. The vetch is mainly for fixing nitrogen and a little bulk carbon. The rye is mainly for the root bulk structure and deep mineral mining. I let it grow the next spring and cut it before the rye is viable. I just cut and condition and lay in place with a hay harvester. Big thick ready made mulch layer. By the time it was ready to plant the next winter cover crop, all it took was a discing for a new seed bed.
You could plant ya a little square and harvest the greenage for a part of FPJ many times during the growing season.
Seriously though lol, screw whoever decided that boxwoods, azaleas, and redtips were the way to go with landscaping this neighborhood 30 years ago. We're planning on upgrading houses in like 10 years or so hopefully but I'll be damned if the little patch of earth we've got here sits useless that whole time lol. Once #3 graduates high school and school systems are no longer a concern we'll be packing up and heading west to the Blue Ridge or the Shenandoah Valley. I've got a mighty need for land to be able to spread out and do what I want lol.

Seriously though lol, screw whoever decided that boxwoods, azaleas, and redtips were the way to go with landscaping this neighborhood 30 years ago. We're planning on upgrading houses in like 10 years or so hopefully but I'll be damned if the little patch of earth we've got here sits useless that whole time lol. Once #3 graduates high school and school systems are no longer a concern we'll be packing up and heading west to the Blue Ridge or the Shenandoah Valley. I've got a mighty need for land to be able to spread out and do what I want lol.
I love the Shenandoah Valley area. I've driven thru so many times running up the East Coast for racing and business. Very pretty!

Try having a baby at 19 with like 25 plus people in the room (military teaching hospital) pretty much kills any modesty or inhibitions you may have had prior lmfao.
My wife learned that the hard way. There is no modesty allowed at a military hospital. I told her to look at the brightside the birth and everything cost about 3$.

I'm gonna have to get with @Fermented_Fruitz on it I know he mentioned making separate ferments from the roots/leaves/flowers. Hubby is not thrilled about the idea of me intentionally filling the yard with "weeds" but every single one of the ones I plan on growing not only has benefits for the cannabis but also is edible, smoke able, medicinal, or some mixture of the three. Also serving as natural pest control just by existing in the yard. No clue what I'm gonna do with the neem tree start though :rofl: don't really have much space for a tree so I may have to bonsai it and keep it indoors. We have a fairly large Japanese maple out back and I've got a dwarf cherry tree I planted out front this summer and thats pretty much all I got tree space wise.
You can always go to a national park or nature preserve and pick some weeds. I know ours locally do not spray pesticides and such and it will give you enough worth making a batch. My body combines the whole thing roots and flowers for his ferment. If you want root health ferment roots, growth use new tips, ect. I am honestly not sure that doing the whole thing hurts. At a point it is just creating more processes and go to far. My opinion anyway.

I really do not deal with Neem outside of a box I bought and use sparingly as the smell reminds me of horse piss.

Tomorrow will be two weeks since chop. Buds are still not dry. The walk-in closet has been pretty ideal at 60/60.
With this run, the first few days in the paper bags, the term 'sweating the bud' really made itself evident. You could feel the moisture in the paper bag. I guess it was because of the thickness of the colas, there was actually more mass of bud in each bag than what I've done before. I find it interesting to get early result of drying where I can actually feel the moisture coming out, but still get a nice slow dry. I'm liking drying in paper bags, in a tent and in the walk-in.
I think they have at least 3 or 4 more days.
Hopefully the current grow will be fruitful, but I will have to get a bit creative. I will still use the paper bags for sure.

img_20220111_000901128_hdr-jpg.1406446

My wife learned that the hard way. There is no modesty allowed at a military hospital. I told her to look at the brightside the birth and everything cost about 3$.
First boy cost me a couple meals for the wife and about $60+ working my part-time security job at a bar.
If he had been born during the day, he'd been purdy cheap!:funny::funny::funny:

I kept trying to figure out what you tried to write but, apparently it is just "big pile of buds." Hahaha nice haul Mr.Bill!
I wuz just telling how well my dry was going with this frosty Meph girl. It seems to be my slowest dry so far and I like dat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back