Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll more than likely take the brick edgers I replaced with stone in the front bed/fruit patch and set up beds for each "weed" in the backyard. Gotta dig up the rest of the red tips, the last two azaleas, and do something with the damn Camilla "tree" in the back too, as well as break down the bunny hutch that I no longer have bunnies for and put down all the pavers over the ugly concrete slab. Planning on backfilling the few inches of height that the pavers/edgers will give us with topsoil/compost/pumice but considering I don't have a tiller and what a chore double digging the 10'x20' bed out front was I'm going to let the "weeds" do the bulk of the heavy lifting when it comes to reconditioning the soil over the summer this year. Need to address some drainage issues as well, which is going to require some grading to redirect the flow of water towards the easement instead of just being standing water or going into the neighbors yards. Though, I think a lot of that issue is caused by the terrible "soil" conditions out there. I say soil in quotes cause its just so far beyond dead dirt at this point. Mostly just hard packed earth that blows a bunch of dust around in the wind. I will say, the area where my tomatoes and other veg were planted did pretty ok, but only cause I dumped like 6" of FFOF over the whole area before I planted. Left all of it as is at the end of the season in a lazy chop and drop mulch sort of way in hopes of adding organic material to the soil and returning some of the minerals that they pulled up from below. The tomato thicket was INSANE with veg growth but put out minimal fruit, which I'm assuming was either due to the N content of the FFOF or cause the juvenile possum I spotted out there was snagging everything before I could get to it lol. Pretty sure he had made himself a nice little hidey-hole in the thicket.
There is no setting up a dandelion patch! Once a flower blooms and dies (all in same day) it turns into 1000’s of lil pods and go airborne all over the place! Within weeks of 1st flowers appearing they’ll be growing all over your yard!

There is no setting up a dandelion patch! Once a flower blooms and dies (all in same day) it turns into 1000’s of lil pods and go airborne all over the place! Within weeks of 1st flowers appearing they’ll be growing all over your yard!
Lol I meant the other stuff. My "yard" is just dust so tbh anything is better than that :rofl: Dust or mud, weather depending lmfao. Which is a *nightmare* with dogs and is 100% why I immediately ripped out the living room carpet (where the back door is) and spent a few days installing LVP before I even let hubby think of moving anything in :rofl: much rather sweep and mop than have to vacuum constantly and run the rug cleaner every week.

Seriously though lol, screw whoever decided that boxwoods, azaleas, and redtips were the way to go with landscaping this neighborhood 30 years ago. We're planning on upgrading houses in like 10 years or so hopefully but I'll be damned if the little patch of earth we've got here sits useless that whole time lol. Once #3 graduates high school and school systems are no longer a concern we'll be packing up and heading west to the Blue Ridge or the Shenandoah Valley. I've got a mighty need for land to be able to spread out and do what I want lol.

My back yard...

They have these pink Japanese dandelion I got from rareseeds. Even if they are edible she you can make tea out of the roots fpj outta leaves etc
With a balcony over it, so totally unusable for much of anything at all plant wise.
Maybe lettuce? Spinach they like the shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back