Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I've got about 6-7 hours of active work into this ferment now, not counting actually going to the store and getting everything lol. Probably another 2-3 hours just on that part.

greasebucket.jpg

Grease Bucket

For whatever reason using parts at 5lbs made the math easiest lmfao. Kinda underestimated how much that would make in total between 44lbs of produce and another 44lbs of sugar. Used the entirety of all of the produce, Melon rind, banana skins. The whole nine yards lmao. Ran everything through the juicer so its all just juice and pulp, no chunks. Figured that would be the most efficient use of the produce and the absolute largest surface area possible lol. Juicer took it like a champ, which is surprising considering to was an $80 juicer that was 45% off on Amazon lmao.
I use whatever I can find at local fruit stands and such. Apples do not seem to work well. Pumpkin, peaches, beets (works really well tops and all). I was doing some testing when I first started so I made all of them out of single ingredients and then would give each plant a different one. Not super scientific but it did give me some info on what worked.

The juicer should speed it up, chunks out side of rind and banana peels break down super fast.

Kinda went through and took a mix and match of things that seemed like they would work well after a bunch of research. People laugh when I say this has become a full time job but honestly with as much time I spend researching and doing all the stuff that goes into it it really feels like it lol. Not in an unpleasant way, mind you, but definitely can be time consuming!
I have hundreds of hours of research and reading (all gardening and plants not just cannabis) and I still feel I do not know as much as I need. It becomes a habit.

I have hundreds of hours of research and reading (all gardening and plants not just cannabis) and I still feel I do not know as much as I need. It becomes a habit.
Really excited to see how my super hots do with the KNF methods this summer. I got pounds and pounds of peppers this summer without doing much of anything at all. My Carolina Reaper plant was 4'+ by the time I pulled her to attempt overwintering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back