Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1411179

30 more pounds of sugar later and my bloom ferment is all split up and ready to go! The pulp had pushed up over the top of the bucket but held its shape so not too much overflow. Feeling much more comfortable with it split though. 90ish lbs total, I'm guessing between 8 and 9 gallons at the moment. I'm assuming once strained on the 2nd it'll be one full 5gal bucket plus several qt jars. Tons of bubbling as I mixed in the sugar though, so that was kinda neat to see. Now I just have to hit the Asian market for fish and restock on brown sugar and I'll get my FAA and root ball brews going as well but that's a job for another day lol. About to start some alfalfa seeds for a SST. Still need to pot up soil in a 10 and 20gal to let it come to temp so I can transplant my Twenty20s.
Jesus you go all out. I made mine in gallon masons and I am only half way through 2 years later ish.

What recipe did you go with?

I am going to make a veg version this spring with my buddy. Just a ferment he has been doing it for a few years now and he goes to a local national park in and just cuts the high growth fresh tips off of various mix of plants then ferments it down. He swears by it I did a run with it on my photos and can say it is pretty nifty. So i guess I will give it a go.

For FAA I go to our local fishmonger late on saturday and he sells me the heads and tails for 1.50 a pound and I get saltwater fish red snapper, Tuna, ect. Someone told me salt water fish are better to use. Reflecting back I am not sure if it is even remotely true but at 1.50 a lb who cares if it is better it is cheap.:jump:

Jesus you go all out. I made mine in gallon masons and I am only half way through 2 years later ish.

I am going to make a veg version this spring with my buddy. Just a ferment he has been doing it for a few years now and he goes to a local national park in and just cuts the high growth fresh tips off of various mix of plants then ferments it down. He swears by it I did a run with it on my photos and can say it is pretty nifty. So i guess I will give it a go.

For FAA I go to our local fishmonger late on saturday and he sells me the heads and tails for 1.50 a pound and I get saltwater fish red snapper, Tuna, ect. Someone told me salt water fish are better to use. Reflecting back I am not sure if it is even remotely true but at 1.50 a lb who cares if it is better it is cheap.:jump:
Your gonna have enough for the whole garden

Kinda went through and took a mix and match of things that seemed like they would work well after a bunch of research. People laugh when I say this has become a full time job but honestly with as much time I spend researching and doing all the stuff that goes into it it really feels like it lol. Not in an unpleasant way, mind you, but definitely can be time consuming!

P
Kinda went through and took a mix and match of things that seemed like they would work well after a bunch of research. People laugh when I say this has become a full time job but honestly with as much time I spend researching and doing all the stuff that goes into it it really feels like it lol. Not in an unpleasant way, mind you, but definitely can be time consuming!
Pro tip #1 get a food grade bucket with a lid and get a air lock like home brewers use. Even after it slows down it will still ferment and give off gas which creates pressure for a very long time. People always new to it say no I will open it every so often and it never fails they end up with FPJ or FFA all over the place when their container cracks.

I actually use the air locks on my mason jars for small batches. Only my FFA is in a bucket because it takes forever so I made a huge batch.

For whatever reason using parts at 5lbs made the math easiest lmfao. Kinda underestimated how much that would make in total between 44lbs of produce and another 44lbs of sugar. Used the entirety of all of the produce, Melon rind, banana skins. The whole nine yards lmao. Ran everything through the juicer so its all just juice and pulp, no chunks. Figured that would be the most efficient use of the produce and the absolute largest surface area possible lol. Juicer took it like a champ, which is surprising considering to was an $80 juicer that was 45% off on Amazon lmao.

That's the plan lol figured I will use it for my fruit patch and for the veggies in the summer and of course the canna. But at 3-8ml per gal of water I'm pretty sure its gonna last me forever lmfao.
It's going to start to crystalize at some point (due to high amounts of sugar) just add some RO or distilled water if you have it and stir it in. Again I use mine quite a bit and a gallon lasted two years. I only use it on the fruit trees outside though. I am going to do peach FPJ this summer I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back