Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morfnoevight All you Happy TGIF Stoners!

No carbs for me today after yesterdays pizza and ale splurge. The pizza was so delicious I pigged out!

There's a guy over in Tomales that finally figured out how to make actual mozarella di Bufala. I guess the buffalo can't or don't produce the right chemistry in their milk here in the US for some reason. Even if they import the buffalo from Campania. I met the guy awhile back when he was still trying to figure it out. Ramini Farms is the name. It's a bit pricey, but damn good. Also, try some King Arthur flour, Think they make a gluten free now, but not sure if it's 00 flour

Yes, I have eaten his (or some like it) buffalo mozzarella. I think the Bison is too closely related to the bovine family and the cheese caused inflammation. That is ok though since there are a lot of sheep and goat milk cheeses that are ok for me.

And here, my growpeep friends are my Dinamed Auto CBD Kush girls all pressed and ready for tincture making:
View attachment 1430399

Minus the weights of the 46.6 grams of the empty silicones:
View attachment 1430401

I got a total of 60.4-46.6=13.8 grams of CBD rosin. I will soak the pucks later to get a bit more, but the press is done with 13.8/118=11.7% return so far. Not stunning but it will do.

View attachment 1430400

Happy pressing peeps. :pighug:

So 118g to 13.8 rosin, that is a pretty good yield for a CBD strain.

When do you decarb? I've decarbed my rosin once, but only had about 6gr in it. I did it in my press with that same size silicone jars inside an aluminum capsule. It seals well! After it cooled, I took it out of the press and capsule and then olened the jar. Slowly the CO2 left the rosin in bubbles. It bloomed up slowly like it was some sort of cluster of alien cells. I thought I had screwed up, until I realized it was the CO2 being released! LOL!

I'm looking to make a tincture for a friend. He seems to have a slow metabolism and maybe something from a being a diabetic. I gave him a bottle of infused MCT oil and he said it made him sleep like a baby, but hasn't told me how well it was being absorbed. He had made comments before about edibles taking a long time to take effect . Doesn't a tincture metabolize differently than infused oil?

I decarb after pressing into rosin.

An ethanol tincture that has been decarbed will enter the blood stream fastest sublingual but it still needs to be metabolized in the liver. This does work faster for some of it and you will feel it but most still takes a couple of hours to completely get into the system

Good morfnoevight All you Happy TGIF Stoners!

No carbs for me today after yesterdays pizza and ale splurge. The pizza was so delicious I pigged out!

Yes, I have eaten his (or some like it) buffalo mozzarella. I think the Bison is too closely related to the bovine family and the cheese caused inflammation. That is ok though since there are a lot of sheep and goat milk cheeses that are ok for me.

So 118g to 13.8 rosin, that is a pretty good yield for a CBD strain.

I decarb after pressing into rosin.

An ethanol tincture that has been decarbed will enter the blood stream fastest sublingual but it still needs to be metabolized in the liver. This does work faster for some of it and you will feel it but most still takes a couple of hours to completely get into the system
I haven't looked into it yet and I've never had anyone close to me with diabetes. Do diabetics have slow absorption rates for oral meds and where is the bottleneck? If the bottleneck is in the liver, then making a tincture won't help.

I haven't looked into it yet and I've never had anyone close to me with diabetes. Do diabetics have slow absorption rates for oral meds and where is the bottleneck? If the bottleneck is in the liver, then making a tincture won't help.
I am a type 2 diabetic and I do not have any different absorption rate than others around me who are not diabetic. Your tincture will have some readily available cannabinoids that if absorbed under the tongue will work directly on the CB-1 receptors but still most of it will be processed in the liver before becoming available. Add a little sunflower lecithin to your tincture or edibles. It helps the cannabinoids pass the blood brain barrier.

This is in science speak but it is interesting.

Spent the better part of the 4-5pm hour chasing someone's crackhead little dog up and down the main drag of my gmas neighborhood. Spotted him on my way out after I dropped the boys off so I flipped a bitch and parked to try and corral him lol. Little shit was fast as hell and could jump like you wouldn't believe. Someone came through walking their dog and I was finally able to grab him. Made it back to #3s musical theater class with 5 minutes to spare before she was done. He would have 100% gotten run over if I hadn't cause he was zigzagging all over the damn place and people speed down that road like crazy. Thankfully they slowed way down when they saw some crazy lady walking down the middle of the road lmfao. Called the number on his tags "oh I'm not home but I'll let someone know you're coming" (it was the next street over) lady comes out "oh I didn't even realize he was gone." :face: but yeah, that's my good deed for the day. If anyone needs me I'm getting stoned and stuffing my face cause I'm starving now lol.

Group shot
20220311_171705.jpg

It helps the cannabinoids pass the blood brain barrier.

hmmmm.......
emoji_u1f914.png
duz the lecithin help it abzorb/metabolize & take effect sooner or :confused1: jus curious, as i've jus gotten into makin mct oil & it'z def me new preferred way to consume, but it duz take about an hour after dosing sublingually...which is all fine & good, given how looooong it fuckin lastz :yoinks: :rofl:, but again, jus curious is all ;) ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back