Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet and Spicy.....?...the name rings a bell......I'm sure I Like it....:biggrin:

When I want bean sprouts...I have to grow me own.....takes about 4 days when we are warm....:watering:...only 1 place sometimes carries them...and they are often old...yuk..
so I just grow them....
Right on the sweet and spicy @Mossy. We have a huge Asian market in a nearby town. When I make the trip, bean sprouts for a week of so, and plenty of dried Sichuan peppers to add zip to everything.
College age son is home for Spring Break and grocery bill doubles unless I make things to stretch out the meats…and fill him up. Beef prices are through the roof, so none of that!!

Ketchup was first intended as a medicinal concoction
I always thought ketchup was invented to cover the smell and taste of eating rancid ground beef. But I have no idea where I got that from... :rofl: Also it has to be only Heinz ketchup or just keep it away from me :wall:
Not surprised to see the meatloaf slander. Bad or even mediocre meatloaf sucks, but if you can make a good meatball you can make a good meatloaf. I think it has to do with the passed down recipes getting it all wrong. I hated my mother's loaf. Also ketchup belongs nowhere near it. BBQ sauce like @Suki813 suggests is great. Or my house I wrap the meatloaf in bacon and cook it on a sheet pan, then broil to crisp (or smoked when I have time then broiled). Served with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet corn and bread :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back