Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much had to learn all my life skills on the fly, so I'm trying to make sure mine at least know how to take care of themselves before they leave home. Hubby and I both love to cook but we are very different in our methods. He's quite scientific about it, prepares everything ahead and measures and likes to follow a recipe unless its something he's made a lot. I see it more like art and while I'll use a recipe for proportions or cook times or as a jumping off point when I'm being lazy, more often than not my cooking is me twirling round the kitchen on my toes from one cabinet to the other to the fridge and back adding things in till whatever I've created smells the way I want it to. Baking on the other hand is absolutely a science and I try to stick to recipes as closely as possible in order to avoid massive failures.

PXL_20220311_005116292.jpg

@suki sounds like we have the same kinda method. I dump things into my hands a lot and just taste and adjust and use recipes as guidelines. Also can never replicate something twice exactly. But I'm not a natural baker so I prefer that to be scientific. I'll bust the scale out for baking while my hands are good enough for cooking. Grew up standing in the kitchen with my great grandmother watching the sauce cook but she never baked anything other then apples

I'd try at least one. Have eaten a lot worse and I look for weird shit to eat while traveling!!! People will eat anything in Asia. Lots of bugs and creepy crawlies in South America too. There are only two things that made me hurl, fermented shark in Iceland and stinky tofu outside of Hong Kong.

Had to look it up, but apparently, they are edible...and fun for the kids too!

I once shared a obscenely expensive Chinese dinner treated to my dearest and I while in Beijing years ago. She had toured some government reps around when they were in Canada earlier, and they were treating us while we were there on a trip. Most of the dishes were superb. One, not so much. The dearest kicked me under the table just before it reached my mouth. Too late. I only just, with the greatest of determination, managed to avoid hurling the whole thing onto the table in front of our hosts. I don't think that our hosts noticed me controlling the gag reflex, but I will never know. It was close, really close. :biggrin:

As to the slugs, I can't remember being hungry enough...:crying:

I once shared a obscenely expensive Chinese dinner treated to my dearest and I while in Beijing years ago. She had toured some government reps around when they were in Canada earlier, and they were treating us while we were there on a trip. Most of the dishes were superb. One, not so much. The dearest kicked me under the table just before it reached my mouth. Too late. I only just, with the greatest of determination, managed to avoid hurling the whole thing onto the table in front of our hosts. I don't think that our hosts noticed me controlling the gag reflex, but I will never know. It was close, really close. :biggrin:

As to the slugs, I can't remember being hungry enough...:crying:
Escargot is like a staple of fancy French dinner party foods, isn't it?

You want him to do a "Gerald Ford"?
He attempted to eat a tamale without removing the corn husk! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I don't think I am that dumb... most days anyway. Depending. Partly on what if anything has been warming up the vape. :crying:

Escargot is like a staple of fancy French dinner party foods, isn't it?
Yes, but they aren't the size of small bananas. I have eaten escargot, and the small size, butter, and garlic help a lot. Cutting one of the local variety up guts and all so I could get it into my mouth is not my cuppa. :biggrin: I prefer small oysters too. Well fried. :cheers:

Someone would be cooking all their own food for quite some time if they did that in my house :rofl: I need to find somewhere to buy paprika in bulk, I go through one of those normal sized bottles in like 2-3 weeks when I'm cooking regularly. Onion, garlic, paprika, and black and white pepper go into *everything* I cook (even if its got fresh onion and or garlic in it, since they do have distinctively different tastes).
He definitely irks me. On every bandwagon lately. Too much Fakebook. Yup, I always have: smoked paprika, hot paprika, Hungarian paprika…and now….just garden variety paprika.
Mostly missing the rarer spice blends I’ve picked up, and no longer around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back