Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0673.JPG

:pass:

Yeah, I made some from scratch last night. Time to re-season my cornbread iron skillet. Just a hair sticky when getting it to release. I minced up a little jalapeño to it. :eyebrows:

Bacon grease my brotha! Not healthy,but damn tasty! Dice up some of the bacon and toss in the pieces. In the Southeast(US), a lot of people use fresh lard and the remaining pieces that don't get rendered out are called cracklins. You put that in the bottom of a cast iron skillet and pour the cornbread batter over it. Yummy artery clogger ahoy!

Some peeps also use smoked neck bones in their beans. Puts off a little bits of meaty goodness and gives that smokey flavor. Tasty! It's worth it to just buy them just to see the look on the cashier's faces in the more uppity type grocery stores.

Lil Cinderella Jacks just got the chop. They had a rough go, (cause I'm an idiot), but made it to the finish line and sooner than expected. Note to self, dont mess with plants while that baked! :redcard: :deadhorse:

Unintended wife's works in progress in background...

IMG_7943.jpg

Bacon grease my brotha! Not healthy,but damn tasty! Dice up some of the bacon and toss in the pieces. In the Southeast(US), a lot of people use fresh lard and the remaining pieces that don't get rendered out are called cracklins. You put that in the bottom of a cast iron skillet and pour the cornbread batter over it. Yummy artery clogger ahoy!

Some peeps also use smoked neck bones in their beans. Puts off a little bits of meaty goodness and gives that smokey flavor. Tasty! It's worth it to just buy them just to see the look on the cashier's faces in the more uppity type grocery stores.
Crackling Cornbread was my boy's favorite!
If I have it, I put bacon grease in the hot pan and add the mix. Makes the crust tasty. Grandma almost always had bacon grease. She saved it in a sealed container that stayed on the stove. Bacon grease was also used when Grandma cooked greens. She only made turnip or collard greens by themselves. I almost always made a mix of the two.

"Burnt Ends" of smoked brisket in pinto or red beans is quite tasty!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back