Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks ok for autos based on the Hanna 500 scale for PPM. Just keep an eye on the plants to see if they start to show too much N. I am not a big fan of sterile grows and would leave out the Hydrogen Peroxide.
The HP was for cleaning the reservoir and not used in the fertigation that threw me at first too as it was not part of the video for mixing the nutrients.

Got my dream beans raffle winnings in today :cooldance: 4 seeds, some stickers and a nice little note. Thanks @derek420colorado and @Son of Hobbes :vibe: I'll be getting these started in a couple weeks
16829733350316874898937463049890.jpg

I'm sorry, but just based on personal experience, I completely disagree with most of this chart.

Why would you hold off on giving silica? Silica is to help plant health and growth by providing what it needs for strong cell walls. Not only that, you want that early AND you want it late when the flowers are growing.

I also do not believe in modifying your 3 main nutrients (micro, gro, bloom) throughout the grow. The Phosphorus in the bloom nutrient is not just needed during bloom, its required for strong root growth. When do you want strong root growth? The entire time the plant is growing!

Absolutely start with a more dilute nutrient solution so you don't fry the plant, but you are not going to hurt it by there being more phosphorus than it needs. It just won't use it. Obviously to an extent, don't cause a lockout.

I also think additive nutrients like Koolbloom are stupid. Its just boosting the phosphorus. Why is whoever doing this chart doing that AND also messing with the amount of bloom nutrient? Either koolbloom gives the boost you need...or why are you using it?

I'm sure I'm going to get some hate for this, but this whole chart reads like a bunch of woo woo science BS to me. I would put my time and energy into better lighting and quality nutrients and grow medium. I've seen plenty of weed grown with masterblend that costs 3 cents a gallon. If you're feeling really froggy, add some silica, and maybe something that actually helps the plants absorb nutrients, like humic acid.

Edit - What I am trying to say is, I think there are too many variables changing throughout this chart. I do not feel that it was adequately tested for. Rather it was just someone that thinks they can think like a pot plant that came up with a feed chart, tried it out, and of course it works because it feeds the plant.
Great input. The person who wrote this is Dr MJ Coco over at Cocoforcannabis, I think he is one of the creators of the site not sure through. I was referred to cocoforcannabis from AFN chat the other day when I asked about changing from soil to Coco/Perlite grow medium. After spending some time there I was as looking for a feeding chart and this is what they had. I have no answers to any many of your other questions. With that said @Blue_dreamer do you grow in Coco/Perlite and if so do you have a feeding schedule you could share? Additionally it was suggested I use a 5 gallon bag and I was going to use Fox Farm Cream of the Crop 50/50 mix and hand water 3 times over 15 hours. I would like to reduce my learning curve by learning from others. Thanks

:yeahthat: Wishful thinking though :crying::crying::crying::crying:
Are you saying the entire PPM‘s across the board should be cut or just never go above 300-350.
Let’s see what others say but I would say yes just dilute the full strength mix back to 600-700ppm max 300-500 during veg
are you saying the max should never be more than 300-350

Are you saying the entire PPM‘s across the board should be cut or just never go above 300-350.

are you saying the max should never be more than 300-350
I would listen to what MOG is telling you I base most my advice off stuff he has told me :pighug: but yes if I mixed that up myself not knowing I would dilute back 300 to start then work up to 500-600 during veg then by late veg/early flower I am feeding 600-700ppm till harvest :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back